Second Dream

"How about let Jennie go with you?" Your mother asked worriedly.

You shook your head, "Mum, I'd be fine. Plus, Jennie's got her own stuff to do." You said, winking at her and giving your mother a reassuring smile.

"But we've just moved into this area, what if you get lost?" Your mother insisted, "I'd be fine, mum! It's just a walk!" You nagged, "I'm 17, not 3."

Your mother sighed and said, "Come home early, ok? I've to get to work now."

You smiled excitedly at your mother's answer, running out of the house and looking around the outside. It was the first time you've got to look at this place carefully.

Your family had only moved in here for a week, you haven't ever been out of the house but kept into your room as orders from your strict father. So often, you'd just stare out of your window.

You don't get why he wouldn't let you do anything, you're 17 years old already! In fact, turning 18 in two months time!

Trying to forget all the frustration, you inhaled deeply at the fresh countryside air, feeling so comfortable, yet adventurous to explore the whole neighbourhood.

It was only 7 in the morning, there wasn't a lot of people outside, only some in their garden and they stared at you strangely.

You guessed that this was because you're a new face that they've never seen before, so you waved and smiled friendly at them.

The sun was shining already but the weather was still a bit chilly and cool. After the long walk, you were exhausted and hot until you spotted a bench and collapsed onto it.

You looked down to unbutton your jacket, the second you lifted your head to look up, you were stunned by the view you were evidencing.

In front of your eyes was a beautiful lake that you have never witnessed before, there were trees planted around it with its crisp, green leaves waving in the wind.

The rising sun printed an orangish-yellowish colour onto the water.

Everything just looked so amazing and heavenly, and also somehow familiar.

You were so happy that you've found such a paradise, and hoped to tell your parents and Jennie about your discovery.

Just as your excited feelings were settled, you started to feel dozy and dizzy.

Your body wanted to just fall asleep on the bench while your mind was telling you not to.

But the tiredness was far more powerful than what you're thinking, your eyes blacked out as you entered into dreamland.

***

You found yourself in the same place as your previous dream was.

Feeling so cold while the wind blew, you watched the dead branches sway along with the wind.

How could you have a continuous dream? It never happened to you, it was impossible to happen!

But where was that man... Or should you say boy? He didn't look much older than you, somewhere around 18 to 19.

You looked at every tree to examine every branch if he was resting on it like the last time.

And yes, there he was, but this time on a different tree branch.

"Hey!" You shouted at him, getting his attention.

He looked down at the source of voice lazily, "Oh, you're back." He said slowly with a laid-back smile.

This guy reminded you of a cat, noble, elegant and lazy. But when he smiled, it was a complete different thing, so much brighter and sunnier.

"So you didn't tell me last time how you get out of here!" You shouted from the distance.

The guy tilted his head as he jumped off the branch easily, "And I remember telling you that you can't."

"I don't like this place." You said, clutching your arms tightly.

He sneered at you, "And I live here alone."

"But you're in my dream!" You said.

"Yes, and you only visit me when you're dreaming." He said, his smile gradually disappearing, "Otherwise... I'm here all alone the time you're awake. And, I can't leave this place"

You looked at him, he seemed so lonely and helpless, so quiet and hopeless.

"...I must dream more." You said to him, trying to sound cheerful, hinting that you could visit him more.

His smile was on his face again, big and sunny, "Who says I want your company?!" He teased.

You chuckled.

The next few seconds, he disappeared into the white mist again. 

***

"You finally woke up Y/n!!!" Jennie said while rolling her eyes.

You looked at the surrounding and found that you were lying on your bed, in your bedroom.

Jennie called for your mother as she came rushing into the room, "Are you ok?"

You were confused, "I'm fine mum... I thought I was by the lake."

Jennie rolled her eyes once again, "We came back and you weren't home, so we went to look for you and you were asleep on the bench!"

"You were still sleeping while we carried you home." Your mother said, smiling helplessly.

"Sleepy head! You practically slept for about 9 hours. On the bench!!" Jennie said.

"Look Y/n, your father wouldn't like the fact that you sleep in public..." Your mother said, "So from now on, you can't go out without any supervision."

You laughed, "You make me sound like a child."

"Come downstairs and have dinner sweety." Your mother said.

"Nah...Haven't got enough sleep..." You excused, as you buried yourself in the blanket and trailed off to sleep.