Ninth Nighmare

Your mother stood in silence, not daring to say anything.

You could already estimate that she wouldn't say a word, you were getting so frustrated, until you spot a pair of sharp scissors on the desk next to your bed.

Slowly, you removed the blankets off your body and glided towards the desk.

The moment you got hold of the scissors, you held them tightly and placed the sharp edges against your neck.

"Tell me this instance." You threatened.

Jennie and your mother were in a panic when they saw you, "Put the scissors down!!!" Your mother said while Jennie tried to come closer to you.

"Don't come near me!" You screamed, "Unless you want to see me die!" You said, pushing the scissors further into your flesh.

"Ok! Ok! Just don't do anything stupid Y/n!!!" Jennie said while moving back.

"Now tell me!!! Answer me all the questions I asked!!!" You shouted.

Your mother was frightened, her face was ashen, "Ok! Just put the scissors down!" 

"First tell me!!!" You said.

Your mother breathed heavily, stroking her chest to calm down, then she began saying, "Y/n... Firstly, w-we didn't move here, you lived here all your life."

You were astonished, but how come you never remembered? 

"You knew the lake all of your life too, you also went to school, a-and you had many friends." Your mother breathed.

"Kim Taehyung," She said, "was your one of your friend."

You couldn't believe your ears, you knew Taehyung?

"You always clung to him and you never fought with him, he was always your best friend... You guys were inseparable." 

"Just last week, you went for a walk with him by the lake, unaware that you already had a cold, you guys played in the shallow side until his shoes flowed into the other side of the lake. You swam there but your legs cramped and you drowned eventually." 

Your mother paused, you were speechless.

"He didn't know how to swim, but he swam in, trying to save you.You were back safe, but him-"

The scissors dropped onto the floor, your body collapsed naturally.

"You were in a coma and had a fever, you were rushed to hospital and the following day you finally woke up."

"And the fever caused selective amnesia, t-that's why you couldn't remember anything." Your mother explained.

"It all happened last week Y/n... The pills were needed for your recovery, but the side-effects were the drowsiness. And your headache, was probably because you remembered some parts of him. His shoes are tied onto the tree is for remembrance of him." Jennie said.

A headache was storming in your head, your head was in anguish and was a lot more painful than the previous ones, while the pain continued, flashes of images ran through your brain.

You remembered it all.

Flashback

You invited Taehyung to go for a walk that day, but you had some other purposes.

You wanted to confess your feelings to him today, about how you never saw him as a friend.

You and Taehyung dipped your feets into the lake while you splashed each other with water.

He tried to kick you water, but his shoes ended up flying across the lake. You told him that you're going to swim there to get it for him as you knew how to swim.

Swimming there halfway, you felt your your legs numb and sore and you couldn't move them. You struggled to swim properly and sank due to the energy you wasted of moving too much.

You didn't know what happened next, but you felt a pair of arms grabbing your body and then after a while, you could finally breath.

You remembered everything now.

You remembered how special he was.

How you always stuck onto him like glue.

How you couldn't funtion without him.

How you missed him when you didn't see him for one day.

How you cared for him and how you liked him.

And now, knowing that he's dead because of you, tore you apart.

You felt shattered.

Broken and sheared into bits and pieces.

You felt suffocated.

Someone strangling you until you couldn't breathe.

You felt hopeless.

As if it was pointless to live anymore.

Every emotion ran through you, choking and torturing you.

You wanted to do something, and the only solution now was to dream.