Third Dream

You noticed you were back into your dream when you saw the dead branches, the lake and feeling the chilly wind.

You looked at every branch to find where the boy was, and he was on neither.

"What are you looking for?" You heard a gentle voice behind you as you turned to face him immediately.

You couldn't stop smiling because he was here, it made you feel like a kid eating its favourite candy.

"There you are!" You said excitedly.

He walked in front of you slowly, "That was quick, I thought you'd be awake for a long time. Who knew you are a sleepy pig." 

"I came here to visit you." You replied as you walked next to him, looking down and tucking your hands in your pocket.

"Are you cold?" He asked, watching you shiver.

"Yeah." You said.

"That's why it's not a good idea to stay here." He said firmly while staring directly into your eyes.

"I thought you'd be lonely, and since I could be the only visitor, I decided to come!" 

He looked at you, you were unsure of what emotion he was feeling. His eyes were sad and helpless, but that was only for a split second, then he smiled at you.

"It's not good to sleep for a long time, you should get a life." He said, not facing you anymore.

There was silence for a while, you felt disappointed, wasn't he happy that you were with him? Was he annoyed?

You decided to break the quietness by asking him, "What's your name?"

He looked up at the white mist and sighed, "You don't need to know."

Now you were embarassed, but this was your dream, which meant it doesn't matter so you decided to make friends with this guy.

"Well my name is Kim-" You said but he interupted you.

"I know, you're Kim Y/n." He said softly.

You laughed, "And you know that because you're in my head, right?"

He finally faced you and said, "Probably."

"They say you dream things according to what you think during the days... But I've never thought or imagined someone like you." You said.

He stayed silent as bent down and picked up a pebble, then he skipped it into the water.

You watched the pebble jump further and further as you clapped at him.

"But what's the purpose of you in my dream? Especially that I keep dreaming of you, and I could actually control myself and say things I want to say." You said as he ignored you, looking at the water.

You bent down to collect a pile of pebbles in your hand, "If I manage to skip the pebbles further than yours, then could you tell me your name?"

He smiled at the lake, not answering you.

"I take it as a yes." You said.

Just as you were going to skip a pebble in the water, he disappeared into the white mist.

***

You woke up and checked the clock hanging on the wall, it was 11 o' clock.

You have been sleeping from 5 in the afternoon til now.

You're not feeling sleepy anymore as you were wide awake from that amount of sleep throughout the day.

An idea popped in your mind, you could sneak out and go to the beautiful lake you saw this morning, perhaps to practice skipping, then you'd know what the guy's name is.

You chuckled at your brilliant idea while you tip-toed out of your room, went downstairs then grabbed the keys on the dining room table.

You were successfully out without waking anyone up.