Chapter 11: The Light at the End

The days went by with a slow, painful torture. you could only dream of seeing the sunshine outside of your prisons' windows. a nightmare dressed as a daydream. every morning, you ate breakfast with karamatsu. the silence was just as awkward as the supervision was unecessary. you had no will to escape, not anymore. with the men at karamatsus command, you would surely be murdered in this mansion if you ever tried to leave without his permission.

"how are you enjoying your breakfast my angel?"

you stayed silent. your heart slowly becoming immune to the charm that once swept you off your feet. dressed in beautiful sheer diamonds, you sat at the end of karamatsus long dining room table, a maid washes up dishes as the two of you ate pancakes. the scrubbing and the sound of water, obviously irritating him.

"mei ling!!"

a plate falls to the hard marble floor, crashing and drawing a flinch from you. seeing kara angry was never a good sight. you kept your eyes low.

"leave... please."

"b-but master the plate-"

"GO!"

you raised your gaze just long enough to see the flustered maid scramble to make the wet sink presentable. even in his fit of rage, she made sure she did her job. something you respected. with a quick bow, she left you both alone in the large dining room. the silence once again spreading in the air.

"(y/n)..."

you didnt dare ignore him. you looked into his eyes from across the table.

"i want you to be comfortable here...why wont you speak to me? like you did before?"

how stupid was this man!? did he really expect you to jump into his arms after what hes done? he hit you, threatened to take your life, and brand you with several knives. there was no way on this green earth that you could love him the way you did before. thinks could never be that way.

"how can i....? you...you hurt me, karamatsu."

the name like poison, spits from your lips.

"i wanted to love you, i wanted to give you every bit of me!! but how....how can i when you did this to me!? you took me from my home! i could never love you karamatsu, NEVER!!"

you pushed your plate of pancakes off the table and onto the floor. the syrup and strawberries creating a sticky mess on the floor. karamatsu could only watch as you cried at the table. you wanted to go home, to pretend this horrible mess never happened to you. but sadly, this was your life now and no amount of tears could change that.

"my honey, come here..."

your legs moved with motivation to stay alive as you walked towards him. the smell of him made you sick with anger and fear. survival is what kept you close to him, despite the growing hate you felt in your heart. karamatsus hands found your hips and pulled you down into his lap. the feel of his chest on your back, the strong arms wrapped around you, and the shine of his gold jewelry only brought back bittersweet memories of when you longed for him.

"my flower...i only want you to be my strength. i didnt want to lose to because of my way of life. what can i do, to bring back the love you had for me?"

his right hand found rest on your left thigh, while his right hand played in your (h/c) hair. as you felt him touch you ever so gently, you could only imagine how see things through his eyes. karamatsu was abused, verbally and emotionally by his own family. he found solace in you. he found a love inside you that he never knew with anyone else. for the past few days, he pampered you with diamonds and beautiful clothing. and like a snake, you bit him with venomous intent. you never wanted to hurt him, but instead he hurt you. and you didnt know how to forgive him.