Jeta and Jensen's 18th birthday

Chapter 14

Jeta's POV

I woke up to my phone playing 'chillin it' by Cole Swindell. I knew who it was without looking at the caller ID. "Hey Ty". "Happy birthday jetty bean!" "Thanks you were always the first to tell me and the one who never forgot." "Jetty you know I will never forget your birthday matter you are kind of mated now." "Ty we are technically all the way mated yet". He clear his throat and let out a breath. "Jeta you didn't have to tell me that". "I know Ty but you are my best friend and we used to tell each other everything."

"We are still best friends and I want you to know you can always tell me anything". "Thanks Ty." "So just wondering why y'all are waiting because if you were my mate it is no way I could wait". "Well....it is me not him." I was just to about to tell him more when mom and dad came in the room followed by Ben and Cane. "Ty got to go parents just walked in the room. Talk to you at school". "Ok love you Jetty bean. "Love you too."

"Was that Ty", asked mom? "Yeah how is you know? "Well he always called you early in the morning on your birthdays and I figure it was JJ because you haven't said those three little words yet." "Mom how do you know all of that?" "Yeah baby how do you know", asked dad looking at mom? "Well that my dear can't tell you. Now get up and get dress for breakfast". "Mom I don't understand why you couldn't let me skip today?" "Well Jeta the reason is because I have a doctor's appointment and couldn't miss it. We are having a ultrasound, hoping to find out what we are having." "Oh well school can wait I rather go with you."

"Nope you are going to school. I know you just don't want people singing happy birthday to you. Don't worry I will call Ty and tell him not to embarrassed you too much", Millie said laughing. "Thanks mom". I jumped in the shower after they left. After my shower I put my makeup on and grab my cute blue jean skirt and white tank top. I threw on my sandals and walk down stairs. As I got closer to the last step I heard mom and dad having a conversation with my grandpa Samson.

Millie's POV

As I was getting breakfast on the table the door bell rang. I was wondering who could be coming so early in the morning. Before I could walked to the door I hear Ben talking to none other than the person I was trying to avoided, Samson. "Look mom grandpa came for a visit, said Ben. "Ben go get your dad". Samson walked in the door and said "Millie I am not here to start trouble. I just came to wish Jeta and Jensen a happy birthday." "I am not stupid Samson I know why you are here. You have not even once ever stop by to tell the kids a happy birthday." "But Millie I have always sent them a present I just thought this year was very special for the two of them." "Just get to the reason why you are here?" "I came to talk to you and Bryan about our a little arrangement".

I was just about to tell him that the arrangement is off when Bryan came in and the look on his face was he was out for blood. I ran to him because I didn't want him to fight Samson because I knew Samson wouldn't fight fair. "Bryan calm down." "He can't have her!" "I know we are going to tank to him." "Millie you can't get out of this agreement . Jeta will come and live at my house for a few weeks."

Jeta's POV

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why did mom and dad my a agreement with Samson? Why did I have to go live with him? It was no way I was living there. He would have to find me first. I ran upstairs and grab a bag and threw clothes in. I knew mom and dad would be devastated about me leaving, but I didn't want to go with Samson. Since I was eighteen that meant I had the right to leave home and they couldn't bring me back. I would have to find a way to tell JJ. He wouldn't like the fact I had to go into hiding, but it wouldn't be forever just till I was twenty-one.

I finished packing and threw my backpack on. Sneaking out was something I was getting used to. I opened my window and jumped out. I took off running. I ran towards the trees. Before I reach them I heard Samson yelled "Jeta you can't run forever!" What did he mean by that? I wasn't planning on running forever just till I was twenty-one. At that age no one could tell me what to do. What did he want with me anyway? I would have to find a way to talk to grandma Lana to see if she could help me.

Millie's POV

"Well Samson it seems Jeta has out smarter you. Maybe she is more like me than I thought." "Millie she can't run away from this", said Samson coming towards me. Bryan step in between us and said "I think it is time for you to go". "I will go but no this if you back out of our deal I will never help you again." "Don't threaten my family", said Bryan! "Bryan I am not the one you should be worry about. I am just trying to save our dying race."

With that being said he went out the door. Why did I have the feeling that wasn't the last time I was going to see him. I turned to see Jensen coming down stairs. "Looks like I missed something?" "Oh nothing your father and I can't handle." "Mom I'm not a little kid anymore, and why did I see Jeta sneaking out through her window?" "Jensen we will talk about this later. Hopefully Jeta will come home tonight." "Don't worry mom I will tell her at school she has to". "Why do you think he went to school?" "Mom this is Jeta we are talking about she isn't going to let anything or anyone stop her for finishing high school. Plus we have a test in English she won't miss it".

Jeta's POV

Luckily I grabbed my phone. I know I should had call JJ but I didn't want him to worry so I called Ty. "Hey Ty can you come pick me up?" "Yeah what is wrong?" "Ty my parents have been keeping a secret from me and I now just found out what it was." I started crying and I didn't have to say anything else. He told me he was on his way. What was I going to do? The things I heard about Samson told me he was someone who you didn't want on your bad side. The question was why did mom and dad make a deal with him. It had to be something I was missing.

While I was waiting on Ty I called grandma Lana. I knew she would tell me everything he knew. I was about to give up and hang up when she finally answer. I could tell in her voice that something wasn't quite right. "Hey grandma is everything alright?" "Yes dear everything is fine. Just had a bad night." I knew I should had ask more questions but she assured me everything was fine so I ask her the question that I have been worrying about for so long "grandma please don't lie to me what I am about to ask." "Ok dear ask away". "Did mom give me something to forget about some events in the past? For some reason she made a deal with Samson about me coming to leave with him."

She was quite for a minute then said "Jeta you don't want to know the answer to that. What Millie did was something no mother should have to do. She only did it to save your life." "What did she do?" There was a long pause before she finally said "she had to go to Samson for help when you were kidnapped by Colt. After your returned you had so many nightmares that Joanna made a potion that wipe your memory of those days with Colt and his sister Carla." "Do what? What do you mean I was kidnapped?" "Jeta now that you are eighteen the agreement was you had to live at Samson's house and meet the man he chose for you. They are a dying race. With you having witch blood in you, you would make a good match with one of their warlocks." "I can't believe what I am hearing. So what you are telling me I have no choice." "Jeta you always have a choice. The question is who are you going to choose?" "Grandma I am with JJ." "Yes but y'all aren't fully mated yet. You can still have a warlock has your husband. You don't have to let your wolf side choose for you." I was speechless what did all that mean? Did I really have a choice or was everything left up to fate.