Jeta shifts for the first time

Chapter 5

The music started playing and I knew what it was as soon as JJ starting playing on his guitar. It was one of my favorites songs by Thompson Square Everything You shouldn't Be Thinking About. I couldn't believe I was about to sing this song with him. JJ sung his part then it was my turn. Surprising I did quite well. I got into the song we soon had everyone singing along with us. After the song was over he did something unexpected and kiss me. The crowd went wild, but for a brief moment it was only him and me in the room. What does that mean?

We broke apart and JJ touch my cheek. "Thanks Jeta". He then walk off stage and I was left standing there alone. I finally came to my senses and broke out of the trance I was in to walk off stage. I felt like a idiot. He has girls falling at his feet twenty or more times a day. I refused to be that girl. After all this was JJ we were talking about.

"Wow that was quite a kiss I do say so myself", said Mia. "Don't start Mia. It was nothing". "It was something Jeta I have never seen you like this before." "I am sorry but I got to go." "What we just got here?" "Mia I just don't feel well". "Jeta stop! Stop running away from your feeling". You have been doing it for years". "What?" "JJ and you and tip toe around each other since you first moved here. It is time to give into your feelings for one another."

In stand of answering I took the easy way out and grab my jacket and ran out the door. "Jetty bean where are you going, the party just started", I heard Ty yelling from behind me. I couldn't stop running. I took my shoes off and took off to the woods. I was so mad at myself for letting my guard down. I came to a stop at the lake because I was out of breath and I felt like I was on fire. All of a sudden my bones started cracking . I was crying out in pain. I knew I was shifting, but I was still scared. Mom told me the first shift was painful.

I was on the ground panting and wishing for the pain to go away when JJ walks up to me. It seems my day couldn't get any worst. "Jeta look at me", but I couldn't let him see the tears in my eyes. "Jeta don't fight it, it hurts worst." I then looked up at him and I was suddenly mad at him. "Don't tell me what to do!" I then pushed him, but he grab my hands and he tried to talk to me in smoothly tones. "Jeta look at me. Take deep breathes. You are fighting the change." I then let out a painful scream and was on all fours within seconds.

"Oh my gosh, you are so beautiful", said JJ. In stand of staying with him I took off running. I decided I liked being a wolf I was faster. Once I got to the other side of the lake I walked up to the water and looked at my reflection. I was a white wolf. Really? Why did I have to be white for all colors? I could never go roll around in the mud without everyone knowing. As I was admiring myself and wishing I was a different color I was tackle from behind by a huge black wolf.

Ty's POV

I saw Jeta run out of the house and I wonder what happen to make her upset. I almost went and punch JJ for touching her. It is one thing in drama class, but not out in public. I love her so much, and he doesn't know how special she really is. I will have her as my mate. She was so fast as a human I could only image how fast she will be as a wolf. As soon as I hit the woods I didn't waste anytime changing into my black wolf.

Millie's POV

I was just about to go to bed when I got a terrible pain in my chest. I knew one of the kids were hurting. "Bryan!" Bryan came running in the door and kneeing before me. "Millie baby what is wrong? Is it the baby?". "No the baby is fine. I think something is wrong with Jeta or Jensen. Can you try calling one of them?" "Yeah sweetie".

Bryan's POV

"Hey Jensen are you and your sister alright?" "Well Jeta ran out after JJ kisses her in front of everyone, but don't worry I will check on her". "Jensen go check on her now, and tell JJ he better be glad I am here". I heard Bryan yelling at Jensen to go get Jeta and I knew something was wrong. I tried to get up but all of a sudden I started shaking I knew then Jeta was having her first shift and I was feeling her pain. "Millie what is wrong?" I tried to tell him, but the pain was so bad I couldn't hear what he was asking me. I finally surrender to the darkness.

(Millie's dream)

I wake up and I am in my mellow. "Seriously not this place again". "It is nice to see you too Millie", said Joanna walking towards me. "Hey Joanna sorry but everyone you need to tell me something I am always here." "It is our safe place I talk dear". "Well ok get talking Jeta just had her first shift and I wasn't there".

"Jeta is seventeen she will be fine. Besides her mate is with her". "Jeta doesn't have a mate yet Joanna." "That is where you are wrong dear". I then find myself waking up before I could tell Joanna how wrong she was about Jeta having a mate.

(End of dream)

"Millie, baby are you alright", asked a worry Bryan. "Yeah just peachy. Did you get a hold to Jeta or Jensen?" "Yeah Jensen said Jeta ran out of the house". "What? Why? What happen?" "Baby calm down I am sure she will be fine. I told Jensen to go check on her". "Bryan something happen at the party, didn't it?" "Baby let's not talk about it now because it just makes me mad, and I am worried about you and the baby". "Bryan I am fine and the baby fine. Please go call Jetal". "Millie I tried she didn't answer." "Bryan this might sound crazy but our baby girl just experience her first shift."

Jeta's POV

The black wolf stared at me and I stared back. Oh how wish I could change back, but then that wouldn't be good because I would be naked. He then gave me a grin. Oh great did he hear what I was thinking? He gave me a playful bark so I guess he wanted to play so I took off running.

I ran till I thought my legs were going to fall off. The black wolf was so much fun. He remind me of Ty. He soon caught up with me and I was flipped on my back. He stared into my eyes and they look so familiar, but why couldn't I place where I seen them before. He then lick me and then he moved so I could get up. Once I was up I walk up to him and rub up against him under his chin, but that was strange; why would I do that? Apparently my wolf really like him. He started waking toward the lake, but before we made it there we were greeted by another black wolf about the same size.

Both black wolves growl at each other, and I knew it was about to be a fight. I tried to get the wolf that I played with to back off, but it just made the other one growl at me. Was he mad at me, did I know him? Before I knew it they were fighting. What was I supposed to do let them kill each other? Surely they weren't fighting over me?

Millie's POV

When Bryan went into the next room to call the doctor I took my cue to get up and sneak out. I know I shouldn't but Jeta needed me. I know she was seventeen and going up so fast, but I didn't want her to experience shifting for the first time by herself. I know she had to be scared wondering out in the woods by herself. My protected instants took over once I was outside and I was on all four within minutes. Bryan would be pissed once he finds out, but for the time being I had to go check on my daughter.

Bryan's POV

"Millie I got a hold to the", but my sentence was cut off when I could sense she was no longer there. I ran down the stairs to find her scent was outside. Please tell me he didn't! Once I open the door I knew. I didn't think twice about it I jumped off the porch and turned into my massive black wolf. I sent up a howl letting her know I was coming and wasn't happy about her leaving.