!seven¡

[i'm really sorry for not updating, guys. i've felt really shitty and depressed lately but i'm trying to keep writing]

Max wakes up feeling tired, with a clear hangover. He grumbles and hides his face in the warmth next to him. Meanwhile Ian opens his eyes half way while subconsciously running his hand through Max's hair. Both are still registering everything, if it wasn't clear enough. Suddenly Max realizes he's cuddling someone as soon as Ian does. Ian looks down at the person in his arms as Max looks up to see who's holding him. Their faces end up centimeters apart as they just stare at each other for a moment.

"You have really pretty eyes," Ian mumbles softly.

"Your smile is the best goddamn thing I've seen," Max blurts out quietly.

Ian chuckles as a smile crawls onto his lips. Max smile back, loving how perfect the moment is. Ian plays with his hair as they just enjoy each other's presence. They know nothing sexual happened last night because they're still in some clothing. Of course, the peaceful moment is cut short because yelling ensues from the living room. They both freeze, realizing that they're fucked. Max sits up and attempts to crawl over Ian to get off the bed. Ian just grabs him and gets up before setting Max on his feet. Quickly they both throw on some clothes, Ian borrowing a hoodie from Max.

"We need an excuse," Max says quietly.

"We were hanging out and fell asleep?" Ian suggests just as quietly.

"You're gonna have to use those lawyer skills of yours and help me make that work," Max chuckles.

"Fuck, it's too early for that!" Ian groans.

"Just play it cool, lets go get some water," Max rolls his eyes.

Max then grabs his arm and leads him out of the room. Somehow they slip past Jeff and Chad, who are arguing while half asleep. Max opens the fridge and looks around before finding what he's looking for. He takes out two cold water bottles and tosses one to Ian. Easily Ian catches it opens it to take a sip. As they calmly drink Jeff and Chad realize they're cracking open a cold one. Now more awake they go to see why they weren't invited, and why it sounded like there was someone else with who they presume to be Max. Jeff bursts into the kitchen and just stands in shock, both him and Chad trying to process what's happening.

"What?" Max asks sarcastically.

"Wha- what, why, when, how?" Jeff asks in confusion.

"What?" Max asks a little angrier, pretending not to know what he's referring to.

"Why is our lawyer here so early in the morning?" Chad asks for him, while also just as confused.

"First off, it's almost noon," Ian answers.

"Exactly, we're just hanging out," Max says like it's nothing.

Either Max somehow managed to be a good lier or Jeff and Chad are still very hungover and tired, but they believe the story. Surprisingly they all start to get along pretty well. After fully waking up they decide to eat some breakfast. Not wanting to go out they play rock paper scissors to see who would cook. Max looses, leaving him to cook. Ian offers to help him, to which Jeff and Chad were fine with. Max and Ian look through the fridge while Chad and Jeff find something to watch on tv. There's some eggs along with some other breakfast stuff luckily. Max grabs the eggs and some uncooked bacon.

"Uh, honestly I don't know how to cook scrambled eggs," Max says, seeming a bit embarrassed.

"It's easy, I'll teach you!" Ian chuckles.

Max smiles, admiring Ian's smile. He's never really got to see him smile properly, but today he seems to not be able to stop. Ian grabs a few more things before setting them on the counter as well. Max grabs a bowl and sets it down before grabbing an egg. He tries to crack it into the bowl without getting an shells, but fails. Ian chuckles and dumps it out before grabbing an egg. Max blushes a little and watches as Ian lightly tap an egg on the edge of the countertop.

"Here, put your hands on mine. Once you crack it a little you just push on the crack and pull it apart," Ian explains.

Max hesitates slightly but puts his hands over Ian's. Easily Ian cracks the egg and Max makes a slight 'ah' noise of realization. Ian throws away the shells as Max grabs another egg. Ian nudges him encouragingly. Max smiles and copies what Ian did. He does it successfully and throws away the shells. Max chuckles and Ian smiles at him. Max finishes cracking open the eggs as Ian gets the pan ready. Max stirs the eggs around before Ian gently puts his hand on his. He shows Max how to whisk them before they put them in the pan. They get to work on the bacon next. Both seem to forget their surroundings as they joke around and cook.

"Foods done!" Max calls happily.

Chad and Jeff rush into the kitchen. Ian hands them each a plate and they each pile food onto their plate.  Once they're done and head back into the living room, Ian and Max get their food. Ian starts to head for the living room as well but Max grabs his hand. Ian pauses and turns around, grabbing Max's hand as well. Max leads him outside into the grass. They sit down together and start eating while sharing some jokes. It's peaceful and nice outside.

"We should do this more often," Max smiles.

"Next time I can get time off of work you'll be the first I tell!" Ian jokes slightly.

"That'll take too long!" Max whines.

"I know, maybe you could stop by when I'm working. I usually just do boring paperwork and shit," Ian suggests.

"Hell yeah! You like donuts?" Max asks.

"Of course! I start work at 6am I could always use the sugar!" Ian chuckles.

"You should probably get going then," Max frowns.

"Yeah, can you drive me back to get my car?" Ian asks, rubbing the back of his head slightly.

"Of course, lets go!" Max chuckles, making Ian smile.