Ink x shy toddler pt 2

Ink's POV

I took off my scarf and wrapped it around her malnourished body. She was close to being just skin and bones. She didn't move when I wrapped the scarf around her, except for the shaking. "Are you ok sweetie?" She did not respond to my question. "Will you tell me your name?" Again no answer, "please speak to me." 'She won't speak with me if she thinks I'm a threat. How can I show her I won't hurt her?' I continued to think when an idea came to me, unwrapping my jacket from my wast I laid it on her shoulders. It was worth a shot. "See, I won't hurt you" a gentle smile appeared on my face. "Please, come with me. It's not safe here, you'll die if you stay." My tone turned stern and serious.

"Y/n. . . My name is Y/n." I smiled. "I'm Ink, it's nice to meet you Y/n." I held my skeletal hand out so she could take it. She hesitated but eventually took it. "Ink? Where are you from?" I looked at her and smiled. "How come you don't think I'm from here?" She didn't say anything, just pointed ahead of us. There he was, horror Sans and horror Papyrus. We locked eyes.

Things seemed to stop, his big red eye seemed to grow when he saw me. I scooped up Y/n and ran. She seemed confused and must have looked back. She screamed: 'Freebie.' I ran faster until I was behind a building. I opened a portal and set down Y/n, closed it and ran back to Horror.

I ran to Horror and pinned him down using my brush. "Where is Error!" He swang at me. I dodged using my paint brush to jump over his head. The fighting went on until I had to retreat from exhaustion. I teleported into the anti-void and collapsed on the ground. I was greeted by my team, the AU's, and Y/n. Everyone was worried, and I forced a smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired." Y/n looked like she was about to cry, and she wasn't the only one. Blue looked like he was on the verge of tears. I couldn't understand, why was everyone being so dramatic? "I-Ink? Does it hurt?" Dream asked. I looked at him confused. "What?"

I sat up quickly cringing at the sound of my bones. I looked down and saw the hole in my shirt. "Oh, guys it's fine. I'm not hurt, although I can't say the same for my clothes." They tried to laugh to lighten the mood a little but it didn't help when Y/n hugged me and began crying. "Shhhh, look I'm fine." She didn't seem to listen, her grip was one of steel. 'How do people take candy from babies? They have grips of steel." I sighed and picked her up and pat her back trying to soothe her. "Shhh, it's ok. Don't cry, sweetie."

I looked at Blue and Dream for help but they just looked and awed. Y/n hugged me tightly, her crying had turned to sniffles by now. "S-Sans was chasing us. . . He tried to kill me when I fell down." I felt bad for her, she couldn't be more than what, five. "Sweetie, how did you get in the underground?" She shrugged. My mommy and I were going to my nana's house. Then I drifted off and when I woke up I was with mama Tori. Then Flowey said it was time to go, so I followed him. Sans was outside the big door. He said he wanted to show me something cool. I met his brother and we played some games."

"We played games, I was really scared at first but then Papyrus helped me. I don't think Sans liked it though. He said we were going to play another game, Hide N Seek. I hid and he found me, but he picked me up by my neck. I don't think it was a game. . ." I hugged her. "Don't worry, he can't get you here, you're safe."

"Anyway, I guess I should introduce you to your new friends. This is Blueberry, I think you and him will get along great. He's a kid on the inside." Blue smiled and waved. "Hello human!" She smiled and waved. "The one in mostly yellow is Dream. He's the one you want to go to if you're having a bad day. Speaking of which," Dream smiled and gave Y/n a golden orb with a star on it. It was her hopes and dreams.

Her e/c eyes lit up with excitement and wonder. Her smile was contagious, everyone smiled widely. Her hopes, her dreams, they kept her going through that hell hole. If she could keep going then we can too.