Ink x emotionless child reader

Sorry to put a hold on the other story.

Requested by: @Syndiquill

Inks POV
"My colors! Where are my colors!" I thought aloud as I rummaged through everything I owned and found nothing. "How could I have lost the colors... I-I can't feel without them." I heard a crash and turned to see Y/n. She opened one of the small containers that held one of my colors, the one filled with yellow.

With a blank expression, she just stared at it. I looked at where she stood to see red on the ground. "Ink, do you ever wonder what it's like? You don't possess a soul, you never will. Yet somehow you've created an alternative to feeling." She studied the small vile carefully. "But how? There is no science behind such a matter. Being able to feel because of colors?" She looked at me.

"It's illogical."

I looked at her with a mixture of being annoyed and curious, 'what did she mean it was illogical? She's seen monsters and magic.' I sighed and grabbed my colors from her. "Y/n, do me a favor and don't touch these containers ever again." She nodded and stated; "Ink, I respect your effort to try and feel but... what's the point?"

"Y/n you don't understand. Imagine, just for a moment, that you can feel. That you can be normal... even if it's all an illusion."

She seemed to be in deep thought about my words. "But, you aren't normal. What even is normal Ink? Why is this not 'normal'? Why do I have to change, be something I'm not? Do I have to do it for praise? For love? For acceptance?"

For a second, I thought a saw something in her eyes. What it was I couldn't say, but I would know it if I saw it. "You can't explain what emotion is like Y/n... But you feel empty right? Like being forever being hungry, forever tired, forever yearning for something yet you don't know what it is."

She looked away from me, avoiding eye contact. "Ink... listen, emotion gets in the way. If you can't feel you can lie. You won't get hurt. There are plenty of reasons it's better like this." She rose from the ground up and dusted herself off. "What are you doing?" I asked confused.

She said nothing, just walked. "Where are you going?" She said nothing. She walked over to the pages and tore one down. She took it and held the edges in both her hands. "Ink? What's it like? Having people care about you?" She looked at the AU page with this look. I couldn't tell what was in it. She got that look often though.

The only thing she wanted in life, wasn't to feel emotion, wasn't to be able to do things without remorse. She wanted a family, she wanted to have someone care about her. She's only a child, no matter the personality or lack of emotions, all children want to feel helpful, needed, and loved. But Y/n wouldn't have that. She never had a family, she never would. She was thrown into an unwanted existence of forever being alone.

No matter how many people love her she will always be empty.

She will always be alone.

There will be no part 2. I'm sorry if this upsets some of you but I wanted to write something different. Something with a different ending, something that the main character couldn't be rescued from. This writing style fascinates me, so I wanted to try it. A short story with a sad, thoughtful, or even unfinished ending.