Broken Chapter 5

It was also with great cowardice I walked back to Brennan's. I was not going back home just to put myself in another trap. I knocked twice on the door and 10 minutes later, Brennan opened the door.

"Amanda left.....come in." He gestured to his couch which I politely declined. I heard someone walking up the stairs. Then there was a blondie holding a cat. The wall cat.

"Hey, it's Michaela." Brennan started walking toward the stairs.

"Um, how do you guys know eachother?" I asked. I had seen Michaela around school and it was difficult to miss Brennan.

"2 months and 12 days and 4.5 hours, but who's counting?" Brennan was pretty good with math, but I think Fabu was better. He was in my advanced math. It was then I realized their hands were laced together.

"Hope I didn't interrupt anything..." I didn't want to be rude.

"No, we're all friends here, right?" Michaela let out a little giggle and they sat on the couch. Wow, my friend pallet was getting wider and more diverse by the second.

"So..." Brennan picked up the cat and threw it at the wall. Then picked it up and threw it at Michaela.

"God, Brennan, just stop with the cat wall obsession." Michaela seemed annoyed.

"Sorry, Mc-Q." Brennan didn't seem sorry.

My phone started ringing a song and it was Christina.

"Hold on I gotta take this.." The couple didn't seem to care, as they were very intrigued by each other.

"Hey..." Christina seemed nervous.

"Hey, why so awkward?"

"I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"Ikindofsawthehighschoolertoday."

"That's great!"

"Aha, not really."

"Why? Don't tell me you broke up!"

"What?!"

"Never mind."

"He invited me to his house."

"Ok, and...."

"He had pictures of you and other members of his FAMILY ON HIS WALL!"

"Christina-"

"Why would he have YOUR picture!" Christina seemed to be crying.

"I have no idea....what's this guys name?"

"Ahhh...hmmmm...Chris. It's Chris."

"Oh. That makes sense," My voice was quivering. It was Him. He was Christina's date to the dance. "C-Chris is my.....cousin."

"Oh....ok." She still didn't buy it.

"Alright got to go. I'm at a friends."

"Kay. Byee!"

When I looked over at the couple they were still not paying any attention to me. I suddenly had the urge to throw up. They were being gross. I quietly left the house. Seconds after I left the threshold Michaela came running out after me.

"Hey do you want to go to a Starbucks or something?"

She seemed nice and I was desperate for a friend. A friend that wasn't dating Him or a friend that didn't throw cats at walls. A sane friend.

"Yeah. Sounds cool." I sounded like an idiot. God, I wish I could take it back.

She started walking. I followed her. When we got at Starbucks we ordered and she turned out to be really nice. She talked about school and stuff. She talked a lot about Brennan. It got kind of annoying. But I loved her anyway. Everything about her made her amazing. It was actually starting to get pretty great. I was about to ask her what the heck she saw in Brennan when I saw them. Christina and Him were there, holding hands and making googly eyes at eachother. Then He turned and saw me.