When Summer Plans Come to Call

Chapter 8: When one calls to be patient

The sun was rising over the town Coal Valley. Before starting his round Jack was planned on going to Abigail's to get his usual breakfast. He walked over to Abigail's he stop for second to look up the window know his beautiful Elizabeth was sleeping possible dream of their pending future engagement having so much hope and expectation. Jack prayed that Elizabeth would be patient and now how be disappointed in how he proposes. But he is smiles at Elizabeth's window knowing that there are things that need to be accomplish before first before asking her hand in marriage.

After a small prayer of patience and hope, Jack enter Abigail's cafe. Abigail sees prepares his usual she gets out the ring out of secrete cookie jar where she place in this morning. Jack enter the kitchen greeted her,

"Good morning, Abigail, I appreciate you helping me and Elizabeth last night ."

Abigail a bit nervous but smiled and reply,"No problem, here is your usual."

She him a cup of black coffee, Jack tells her, "Thank you."

"You're welcome" then she decided it was time to tell him and give the ring.

"Jack if you mind before heading out for you rounds that we talk about something"

Jack took a sip of his coffee as he said, "Of course, we talk about Abigail, mind if we sit."

Abigail lead Jack to the dinning room. They sat at the table, and jack sat his coffee aside, and asked,

"You have my attention, Abigail."

She sighed as she was grasping on to her engagement ring she was about give him, but first she need to apologize

"Jack, I need for you to forgive me"

Jack chuckled "Why on earth for, Abigail, I don't recall you doing anything wrong."

"But I have, Jack, you see, I'm sorry, but I have overheard your private conversation with Elizabeth about marriage."

Jack sighed, "Oh, Abigail, it is okay"

Abigail said "No! It is not! Jack! You see I know, how hard it is especially a man in your position to make a vow of marriage to the woman you love."

"Abigail, don't need to worry have very intention in marrying Elizabeth. It is just going to take some time and patience." Jack inform Abigail trying to reassure her of his commitment to Elizabeth.

Abigail admitted, " That is what fears me the most, Jack. That time and patience will hurt you and Elizabeth, and I want you both to be happy like me and Noah were. That is why, Noah and I have decided on something that will the wait less painful."

Jack concerned, "What have you and Noah decided Abigail."

Abigail asked "Hold out your hand please, Jack"

He holds out his hand Abigail places her engagement ring in Jack's hand,

Jack told her,"I can't take this"

Abigail insisted, "You can and you will"

"Abigail, I don't know what to say"

"Thank you, would be a good start."

Jack said, "Thank you."

"Keep this safe, go ask her father for her hand in marriage and then ask her to be wife Jack, waste no time."

He gasped on to ring gave back to Abigail, "Keep it safe for the both of us, I will inform when I will need it."

She shooked her head in agreement as Jack got up to leave for his morning rounds before he did he gave Abigail to give to Elizabeth. He tip his hat and left to go and do his rounds