Chapter 4

The concert was AMAZING. Jess rocked it out there and I am so proud of her. She puts everything into her performances and it was fantastic. I've been to other concerts of hers, but this one I actually met Jess, so it was the best by far! She made a little speech before she sang 'Laserlight', she said: 'As you know, this song was written about you guys, you're my Heartbeats and I love all of you, I love meeting as many of you as I can, and many of you inspire me!' She winked at me, I didn't even know she knew where I was sat, but she obviously did! It was like the concert was over in the blink of an eye, (excuse the pun!) it was fantastic and I cried when she went off.

It took us forever to get back home, there was a lot of traffic, Jayden could have got through some of the lights, or not let as many cars go, or take a different route to skip the traffic, but no, he just sat there singing along to the radio, clearly treating it as a walk in the park. I just sat in the back of the car thinking about Jess, Amy was sat in the front with Jayden, giving him directions. Amy was sleeping at mine tonight, she lives about fifteen minutes away from me and couldn't be bothered to go back to hers at this time of the night/morning, so she decided to say she was staying, she didn't even ask me. Then again, she doesn't really have to, we just turn up at each others house without asking all of the time. I don't live with Jayden so it was good, I could text Jess later without worrying about him being there. I really liked Jess, she was such a nice person.

''You girls okay?'' Jayden asked, breaking the silence.

''Yeah, I'm fine, but I need the loo'' I replied

''I'll see if we can pull in at a petrol station somewhere''

Minutes later Jayden had parked in a 24/7 petrol station. Me and Amy hopped out of the car in search of loos. When we came back we saw Jayden going into the shop.

''I'm just paying for petrol baby, we'll get going soon''

''Hey, I'll go in and pay for it, I wanna grab a drink and a chocolate bar'' I smiled at him

''Okay, here's the money for the petrol''

He handed me the money and I ran into the shop. I got a drink and headed for the chocolate aisle. I was looking at my phone, seeing what time it was when I collided with someone and we both fell on the floor.

''Ow!'' I moaned, grabbing my Coke that had rolled away, whilst also getting my phone which was next to me. Whilst doing this, the person I had collided with got up, dusting themselves off.

I heard a slight giggle. I looked up and saw Jessie standing there.

''Jessie?''

''Hi Scarlett'' she said, blushing and looking to the side, trying not to laugh.

''I didn't expect to see you here'' I replied, standing up, wiping some dirt off of my hoodie.

''I was just in my tour bus, on the way back from the concert, we needed petrol and some food to keep us going''

''Cool, same here actually, I'm just in search of a Timeout!'' I laughed, I put my head down, I couldn't believe that this was happening, meeting my idol again, all in the same day! I tried to stay cool, but it was so hard!

I saw her hand flick up, revealing two Timeout's. I grinned. I took one and thanked her. 

''I'm a sucker for a Timeout me!'' Jess giggled.

We made our way to the till, just making small talk about how well Jessie performed tonight. I looked at Jessie as we left the tills. I couldn't help but smile. ''What you grinning at?!'' Jessie joked.

I blushed and lowered my head. ''Go on, tell me''

''I just, I can't believe that all of this has happened... I, I'm so lucky!'' I stuttered

''Well you won't believe what I'm about to say then''

I looked at her, my eyebrows raised, silently asking her to explain further.

''What's your number Scarlett?''

My eyes gazed at her. She laughed once again. That laugh was adorable.

''Guessing it starts with 07?!'' Se tried to get an answer out of me, but I was just so shocked.

I took her phone and typed in my number, she did the same.

''Why do you want my number Jess? I mean, I'm not complaining or anything! It's just, I could be a stalker for all you know!''

''Well, if you are, you're also a very good actress. I don't know, I like meeting new people. I love talking to people and finding stuff out about them. Call me nosey, but I'm interested!''

I gave her a hug and we walked out of the shop, saying our goodbyes. She put her hood up and jumped onto the tour bus, as I clambered into the car.