Chapter 7

I woke up to my phone ringing. I adjusted my eyes to my bright room and groaned when I looked at my clock.  A picture of Jess was flashing on the screen. I smiled and answered the call.

''Hello?'' My voice murmured, as I hadn't spoke yet today.

''Scarlett!'' She chirped

''Yes Jess?'' I coughed

''Did I wake you up?'' She asked

''No, I've been awake for hours,'' I lied, with a massive smirk on my face, ''Did you want something?''

''Yes actually, I just wondered if you wanted to do something on Sunday? Hang out at my place?''

''That would be cool, yeah, I'd love to''

''Yay! I can't wait! Holly and Clair will be joining us, and you can bring Amy if you'd like to?''

''Yeah, I'll ask her''

''It's a little sleepover, so bring everything you'll need. Well I'll see you then. AAAHHH! I can't wait!'' She squealed

''It's a date'' I said

''A what?'' She questioned

''What?'' I said almost instantly after she had replied

''You said a date?'' Jessie asked

''No, not like that, um, I meant, like, the figure of speech, I, um'' I stuttered, I had made myself look like a complete idiot, as usual, why did Jessie like me again?

I sighed, it was so cringey!

''I understand'' Jess laughed

I muttered 'hallelujah' to myself. Jess must have noticed my absence in the phone call.

''Scarlett? Are you there? Please don't vanish on me!'' Jessie giggled

''Yeah, I'm here''

''Okay, well I better get going, I'll talk to you later, ok? Bye!'' She sang

''Bye'' I whispered, tiredly

I laid there for a minute, taking everything in. It seemed weird, sleepover with my 'idol', when I think about it like that. Not many people can say that now, can they? I say idol, not that I really call her that any more, I get the privilege of calling her 'my friend.

I decided that I should most probably get up, so I stripped off and hopped into the shower. Singing to Do It Like A Dude. Honestly, the shower does make you sound better. I reckon I could give Jessica a run for her money. I joke, I joke. The hot water was pouring down on me. I had washed my hair and myself, but I was still stood there grinning like an idiot.

Under year ago, she didn't even know who I was, and now I was friends with her?

Well, in the words of Jessica herself.

Sometimes dreams come true.