Chapter 16

I woke up at around 10am as I heard Jess boiling the kettle for a cup of tea. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Although Jess and I had our heart to heart last night, I was feeling refreshed and as bright as the sun. I went upstairs and got dressed into my clothes. I guessed I'd be spending the morning with Jess and then be heading home later. I put my brown and black patterned shorts on with my 'Jessie J' top. I hadn't worn this since before I met Jess, and I brought it along because I thought it would be quite amusing to see Jess' reaction to it. I let my wavy long brown hair cascade down my back, gently massaging the top of my head before brushing it slightly and leaving it be.

I washed my face and didn't bother with a lot of make up, only eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow. As I made my way downstairs, I could hear Jessica singing 'Rock With You' by Michael Jackson quietly. Me being the hilarious person I am, walked into the kitchen and joined in, shouting the lyrics. Jess jumped a mile and screamed like a child. I couldn't help but collapse onto the breakfast bar in hysterics.

''S*** Scarlett, that isn't funny! I could have been carrying a knife!'' Jess gasped.

''Well you weren't. Sorry but it was funny!'' she shook her head at my reply.

''Did you have to wear that top?'' Jess asked.

''Yes.'' I simply stated.

''Why?'' she groaned, tilting her head back, laughing slightly, before heading to the fridge.

''Because I haven't worn it since before I met you and it brings back memories. But mainly because I wanted to annoy you and see your reaction.''

''Is this the reaction you were hoping for?'' Jess held up the bottle of squirty cream and faced the nozzle to me, before pressing my finger down and spraying cream all over my face.

My mouth was wide open in pure shock. ''Did you actually just do that?'' I asked.

''Yep.'' Jess giggled, ''Now come on, I made breakfast, you can have a shower later.''

I got a tissue and wiped the cream off of my face, as Jess brought over the two plates and sat down next to me on the breakfast bar.

''Do you like peppermint tea?'' Jess inquired, whilst happily munching on her toast.

''I've never tried it, w--?'' Before I could finish my answer, Jess hopped up and grabbed the box of peppermint tea before making me one.

''Enjoy beautiful!'' Jess smiled sweetly.

Did she just call me beautiful? Aw bless her, she's adorable.

''I can't promise I'll like this Jess, but here it goes.'' I laughed taking a sip from the cup and spitting it out onto the work surface immediately, ''What are you trying to do, poison me?!'' I stressed, laughing a little.

''Scarlett! You've got peppermint tea all over the place!'' She snapped.

''Well it's disgusting. Remind me next time we go out for a meal that I go and get the drinks in. I'll settle for a diet coke!'' I joked.

Jessica couldn't suppress her smile, she showed her pearly teeth.

''Help me wash up our plates and clear up your mess you mucky pup!''

We cleared up the kitchen, but I got a tad bored towards the end. I decided to scoop up a handful of bubbles in my palms and clap my hands together near Jess. This made a firework display of bubbles in the room. ''Scarlett, quit messing around!'' Jess said, struggling to keep a straight face.

''I was just trying to lighten the mood,'' I said.

''Well you've interrupted my singing, spat peppermint tea over my worktops and made a soapy mess. Please don't tell me that you're planning on drowning the house when you have a shower, because I can't swim!'' Jess said.

''You're joking, right?'' I questioned.

''Yes, I can swim. I'm just trying to say please don't make any more mess.''

''It's okay, you're very safe here,'' I said, walking towards the kitchen door, ''Oh and don't worry, I'll be a lifeguard and save you from drowning. We've already lost Nemo, we don't need you going missing too.''

I took a long shower, washing my face and hair and body. I then redressed myself and found Jess in the living room, flicking through the TV channels, browsing at what was on. She turned her head towards me as she heard me walking down the stairs, smirking.

''What have you done Cornish?'' I slowly stuttered.

''Nothing panda.''

''Panda?''

''Yes, panda.'' She grinned.

''Why are you calling me a panda?'' I queried.

''Because you forgot to take your make up off before you got in the shower and now you have mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow half way around your face.

I ran to Jessica's full length mirror and cursed. ''Don't take it off, wait, come over here.''

I walked over to Jess and sat down next to her. She pulled out her phone and took a picture of us. I put on a frown and a sad face, my lips turned over, whereas Jess held the phone, whilst looking at me with her eyes in my direction. She showed me the picture and I was horrified. I looked like a clown. Nevertheless, she put it on Instagram with the caption:

'Someone forgot to take her make up off before she got in the shower. Not naming any names or anything, but it's the one that looks like a giant panda. I'm spending the rest of my morning with this one before heading to the studio to listen back to the whole tracklist of #jessiejalbum3. Are you excited? Because we are! #excited #album3 #bestfriends #panda #weirdeyes #crazy'.

Obviously she tagged me in it, you know, just to embarrass me further.

Jess and I sat there for about quarter of an hour looking at the comments people left on the picture.

'Follow me, I love you xxx'

'Panda Scarlett haha'

And the one that made the room fill with awkwardness:

'Did you two shower together eh? Dirty ;)'

It was so cringey. Jess and I made our eyes wander around the room, never daring to make eye contact. She locked her phone before holding her arms out, asking for a hug, which I complied to.

We spent the rest of our morning just lounging around in the house, watching TV, eating, tweeting and listening to music. Honestly, I had forgotten about everything with Jayden until Jess piped up.

''Um Scarlett, are you ok with the whole Jayden situation now?''

''Well, I guess I'm still annoyed that he blew me off for football. But I wouldn't have had such a good night if I was with him. So thank you.''

''You're welcome.'' Jess chirped.

The room fell silent and Jess opened her mouth as if she was about to say something, but closed it straight away. ''Did you want to say something Jess?''

She shook her head.

''No go on, tell me, what is it?''

She shook her head once again.

''You can tell me anything. You know that, don't you?''

''I just really wanted to say that I love you. Whatever goes on in life, I wish you the best and I'll stick through it with you and never leave you. If people do leave, you'll never be alone. Those people weren't worthy of your love or friendship anyway.''

''Thanks Jess.'' I smiled.

~Jess' POV~

I chickened out I know. I was going to tell her there and then about Jayden. But I couldn't. The night we'd spent together was lovely and I didn't want to ruin the whole of it by just saying one simple thing. I'd have to find another time to do it. I couldn't leave it too long, it'll spiral out of control.

A/N: I didn't proof read this at all. So sorry if it doesn't make any sense, I just wanted to get it up and posted so I could get onto the drama more. Yes, drama is coming. Lots of it. Keep reading. Thank you lovelies! X