Chapter 6

Laura's POV

It was after lunch and I was in music class. Our teacher Ms. Ramirez walked in and quieted us down.

"Okay class today were starting a new project," she said cheerily. "Let me just grab my clipboard and I'll start reading off partners." She reached behind her and grabbed her clipboard.

"Jackson & Rita

Runa & Shaley

Hannah & Jacob

Ross & Laura-"

After that I tuned out. I mean I was slightly irritated that I had to work with Ross but I looked past that. Yeah believe it or not Ross's in this class and this is the only class he actually shows up in. She didn't even tell us what the project was so it might not be that bad.

"Now before you move by your partner," she paused and set her clipboard down. "Let me actually tell you what the project is. Okay so you guys all have been paired up and now you must write an upbeat duet together. One that you can dance to and you will perform it in front of the class."

That's when I froze in my seat. Not only did we have to dance (which I can't do) but we had to perform in front of the class! I can NOT do that! I felt a presence sit down next to me and I looked up to find Ross.

I have him a questioning glance and he rolled his eyes and said, "She told us to move."

"Oh. Get your feet off the desk!" I scolded.

He looked at me for a minute then took his feet off the desk. By the time he did that the bell rung. I got up and grabbed my bag ready to head out the door when I felt a hand pull me back.

"My house or yours?" Ross asked.

"Um yours I guess. I said looking down at the floor sheepishly.

"Hey," he lifted up my face. "Nothing to be embarrassed about." He said softly.

I looked into his eyes and smiled. "Come find me at the end of the day." He whispered staring back into my eyes.

"Okay." I nodded and broke his gaze, leaving the classroom.

So that's how I ended up in the hallway right now waiting for Ross to get here. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course he'd be late. I stood there, arms crossed and tapping my foot impatiently. When I saw red sneakers come into view, I lifted my head up and started staring blankly at him.

"Ross," I began. "Where were you?"

"Why?" He snapped.

"You know what. Forget it. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you because when I do it's like talking to a brick wall." I hissed.

"Whatever," he retorts. "Lets go."

He starts walking and I follow him out. I'm not really paying much attention to where I was going because I was looking at my surroundings so I was a little taken of guard when I collided with Ross's back.

"Watch where your going!" He hissed.

"Shut up." I spat and rolled my eyes. "Why'd you stop anyway?"

"Because we're at my car genius." He mocks.

"Car...?" I trail off confused.

He huffs and steps aside and a red mustang comes into view.

"Whoa," I breathe out. "Is this yours?"

"No it's Mickey Mouse's," he says sarcastically. "Duh it's mine."