Chapter 12

Laura's POV

Unfortunately, Monday came sooner than it should have. Saturday, Raini and I went bungee jumping. Sunday, (yesterday) Raini and I went swimming which was absolutely a blast by the way! We had so much fun splashing each other with water and having a water fight. I smiled as I thought about our weekend together. I closed my locker door and came face to face with Ross.

"Hey," he sighed.

"Hi."

"So..." He trails off.

"So what?" I ask.

"Listen Laura, I miss you. Can we just please go back to being friends?" He pleads.

I think about it for a moment. "Fine, but your not off the hook that easily. I'm still going to be keeping my distance."

"Ok whatever sure, as long as we go back to talking, everything's cool." He sighs in relief.

I laugh a little. "Wow you really missed me that much huh?"

"You have no idea." He mumbles smiling at me. "Hey I wanted to ask you something..."

"What is it?" I question.

"So there's this party-" I didn't let him finish.

"Nope." I say quickly. "I've already been to my one party of the year."

"You go to one party a year?" He asks.

"Yep. One not two." I say.

"Well your going to two and that's final." He says sternly.

"No, I'm not going to this party, besides, who's party is it anyways?" I ask with a singe of attitude.

"My friend Dallas'." He says casually.

"Well guess what? I don't know Dallas so therefore I'm not going. End of discussion." I conclude.

"Whoa whoa whoa! No it's not 'end of discussion'." He mocks. "Give me three good reasons why you won't go."

"I honestly can give you 10. But I'm only doing 3. Reason number 1: like I said before, one party per year. Reason number 2: it's a high school party, something's bound to go wrong. And finally, reason number 3: I don't even know Dallas." I say counting on my fingers.

"Sorry, not good enough reasons. 1: it's time to break that habit, 2: I'll be there with you the whole time, and 3: you can meet him at the party." He smirks.

"Fine," I roll my eyes.

"Yes!" He starts.

"But ONLY if your there with me the WHOLE ENTIRE time." I cut him off seriously.

"Deal."

"So your going to Dallas' party?" Raini says with an amused smirk.

"Yeah, why?" I ask incredulously.

"Oh nothing," she says still amused. "Nothing at all."

"Raini," I warn.

"Alright alright. First of all, how'd you even get invited?" She asks.

"Ross." I say simply.

"Oh really?" She asks with one eye brow raised. "And I thought you weren't talking to him."

"We made up." I say suspiciously.

"Mmm no comment."

"What's wrong with me being friends with Ross!? You've been on edge about that ever since I first told you." I ask upset.