Chapter 11

Laura's POV

"It's hot!" Raini whined fanning herself.

We we hanging out at my dad's new music store; Sonic Boom. Part of moving to California was because he was going to open a new music store. "Then go stand in front of the fan. Using your hand obviously isn't helping." I chuckled.

"But it's so faaaar!" She complained.

"Then your not that hot." I smirked.

"Smart ass." She mumbled getting up and going over to the fan. "Please tell me you plugged it in?"

"Oh of course not. It's just 94°, the hottest day it's been in California and I'm standing here shivering. That's why the fan isn't plugged in." I said sarcastically.

"A simple no would've been legit." She mumbles under her breath.

I chuckle and go back to my position at the cash register.

"When's your break?"  Raini asks pressing the button so the fan could go on high.

"Um, in 5 minutes why?" I ask checking my watch.

"Good. How long is your break?"

"Why?" I question curious.

"Because I wanna go swimming." She says simply.

"And let me guess, you want me to come join you when it's my break time." I say one eyebrow raised.

"Good girl, now your catching on." She says treating me like a dumb person.

"Ignoring that. Anyway, my breaks not long enough." I shrug.

"Well then here's an idea, ask your dad for the rest of the day off." She says casually.

"Sure. My dad's totally just gonna give me the rest of the day off." I say sarcastically.

"Really!?" Raini asks shocked / excited.

"Of course not!" I say with fake enthusiasm. "Have you met my dad?"

"No." She says bluntly.

"Oh, well he won't." I say kind of defeated.

Just then my dad comes out his office and down the stairs. "Dad, I'd like you to meet my best friend Raini." I say once he approaches the cash register.

"Hi, Damiano, Damiano Marano." He holds out his hand.

''Raini Rodriguez but please call me Raini." Raini says shaking his hand.

"Well it's nice to meet you." My dad retracts his hand.

"Pleasures all mine." Raini says smoothly taking hers back also.

"Well mannered, that's a plus in the Marano family." He bragged.

"Why thank you, I'm full of nothing but manners."

I snorted. "Your talking to my dad, not the queen."

"Lauryanna!" My dad scolded. "Rudeness is not tolerated."

"Yeah yeah I know I know dad." I roll my eyes.

"So Mr. Marano." Raini cuts in. "I have a small question to ask."

"Please, call me Damiano and sure what is it?"

"Can Laura take the rest of the day off? You know it's 94° outside and we would like to go swimming. You know, take a break, relax, and have a chance to get out the house for the day." Raini persuades.

"Raini there is no wa-" I start.

''Laura please. Let the grown ups talk." Raini said.

I roll my eyes and continue to watch the conversation.

My father looks thoughtful for a moment before nodding. "Sure why not. She deserves it for all the hard work she does around here."

"Yes!" Raini and I both squeal.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I say and give him a bone crushing hug.

"Your welcome sweetie." He chuckled. "Now go get ready!" He pushes me off.

Raini links my elbow with hers and we start walking to the mall exit. From there on, her mom will pick us up, take us to my house so I can get ready, then to the pool we go!

I can NOT wait!

okay sooooo people have asking me to update this more so one more chap and here we go -mya