8 - Anxious

You look at his large frame up and down and you start to breathe heavily. Maybe you couldn't stand up to him, what if he just threw you aside and laughed? But he couldn't, you were part of ThunderClan as he was. It would be against the warrior code.

   "He- hey!" You called out kind of quietly and squeakily, but it was enough to get his attention so it didn't matter. Your voice rose so it could be heard. "We never did anything to you!" You stood defiantly in front of him, but your leg started to tremble. You stilled it, hoping nobody had seen.

   He got right in your face, knowing he was large and intimidating. "What did you ever do for us, kit?" He snarled. You took a step back, startled that he'd gotten so close. He only laughed. "Do you see any bravery in that?"

   You looked down to the ground. Maybe he's right. You weren't really what anyone would think about if they thought of someone who was brave.

   Finchstar suddenly burst out of her den. "Thunderheart! You so boldly decide to disobey my orders? Forget about coming to the Gathering." She scolded. "Don't question my decisions. They are staying and that's that."

   The other apprentices tried to comfort you, but the word useless still clanged in your head. "Hey, it's okay. I know it sucks to be sad and all, but it happens more than you think. Especially with that loudmouth. And especially to me." The last sentence Wildpaw said so quietly you almost didn't hear it. His/her golden eyes avoided your gaze. You were guessing he/she didn't want you to hear it, so you pretended you didn't.

   You nodded to him. "Thanks, Wildpaw."

   You lay down in your nest, and notice Jaypaw was looking at you. You look at him/her questioningly, and you notice the slight surprise in his/her silvery eyes as he/she speaks with an otherwise calm exterior. "You were brave to even try." He/she nodded, then sighed and laid his/her head down.

   You heard "Told you!" come from Crowpaw where his nest was, next to Jaypaw in the corner. That was the only normal thing coming out of these cats' mouths. From the surprised Jaypaw to the depressed Wildpaw, you felt like something was coming.

— Continue to (11)