Chapter 3

Chapter 3-
Just Saying Hi

“What's wrong, June-Bug?”

I threw the pebble across the pond and sat down on the log, saying,“Nothing, I'm just bored.”

He grabbed my arm and I looked at him.

“I know something that might cheer you up. Remember those rooms that Uncle Victor is changing to built a bar?”

I slowly nodded.

Where is he getting with this?

“Well, let's go trash it!”

***

We stood on the rough muddy road, looking at the new construction. Cayden's uncle was planning on turning our game room into a stinking bar.
“Are you sure this is a good idea, Cay2?”

“A very good idea.” He said, bending down to make mud balls.“Now, get down and get those pretty nails dirty, June bug!”

I followed his move, making my own mud ball. I laughed when the newly painted walls got muddy with mud balls. Oh we're totally getting in trouble for this.

“In your face, uncle Vicky!” I threw mud.

“He hates that nickname.”

“It suits him.”

“That's my girl.” Cayden smiled as we threw more mud.

   ‘☆,

Present

“Mom, what cha think?” Shay sashayed into the living room.

“Too revealing, go back and change.” Mom told her. She turned around to see me seated on the couch wearing an old fashioned dress. “What the goose? What are you wearing?”

“A dress that's covering too much skin.” I answer.

“You're not wearing that.”

“I'm not?”

“Nuh-uh.”

   ***

   “This party is lit.” Freida comments when we all hopped out of the limo.

“Run along and find Carrie, Freaka.” Shay told Freida who frowns at her.

I awkwardly pull up my top, hating this dress. Honestly, I hate dresses. Its very bothering.

I don't get how Shay likes mini dresses. I mean what if she bends and-

“Whoa, Shay Beth Hale. What are you wearing?” Dad asked Shay who was pulling her dress a bit down.

“Shay, I bought you a modest dress.” Mom says while I just blow out a breath.

“Those modest dress doesn't suit me, mom. No boy would want to date me if I wear them.” Shay said harshly.

“That's it. Girls we will have a girl meeting tonight.” Mom announced and I grown. I hate these meetings.

We all went into Victor's Restaurant and it gave me memories. Memories we made together.

I shake my head and smile when Uncle Victor came.

“Sunshine! Good to see you again.” Victor greets me.

That's his nickname for me.

“Uncle Vicky, we saw eachother yesterday.” I reminded him.

“Still.” He then greets my family. I walk away and went to the buffet table. I grab anything I like and went outside to the garden. What was supposed to be a bar became a restaurant.

I walked into the maze, walking left then right till I found myself in the heart of the maze. There was a fountain there. I sit down and dipped my hand in, loving the coolness of it.

“Hi,”

I freeze my movement. I know that voice.

“Hi.” I say, not looking at him.

“You're just going to sit there?” He questioned, sounding upset.

“Of course.” I mutter, my stomach started feeling weird.

“Not going to look at me either, June Bug?”

“Don't call me that, Cayden.” I state, standing up. I look at him and my heart skipped a beat. He got even more cuter than the last time I saw him.

He stepped forward and I remained there. I'm not going to step back like other girls. Hell naw!

I keep a blank face as he neared me. He is wearing a nice tuxedo and his black hair is gelled back neatly. I wanted to hug him but I forced myself not to. He hurt me.

“I missed you, June Bug.” He caressed my face and I felt tingles. Ugh.

“Well, I definitely didn't.” I slap his hand away, walking pass him, but he grabbed my arm and pushed me back so he was hugging me from the back. I was still and my heart was a beating mess.

“June Bug, I'm back. Please, stop hating me.” He says.

I sigh. “I don't hate you, Cay2.”

“Then why are you acting this way?”

I turn around and shoved him back. “Because you broke my heart when you left me.”

I turn around and walked away, desperate to leave. I walked left and right in the maze when I came to the conclusion that I'm …lost.

Shit!