Chapter 6

Chapter 6-
Laguna Island

“Laguna Island has been in my family for a long time. I wanted to take you here but then I found out you moved. Why did you leave me?” Cay2 asked me during our car ride to the dock.

“Cay2, I did not move or will leave you. We just visited our old home. How did you know I was there?” I asked him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“My mom's parents live there too. I visited them and they told me to befriend a cool girl at that place. That cool girl turned out to be you.”

“Well, I'll never leave you without telling you.”

“Me too. I promise.”

‘☆,

Present

“Laguna Island? I haven't been there for ages.” Shay said after my mom informed us about our going to the island tomorrow.

“We went two months ago.” I remind her.

“Whatever,” She says, continuing to text on her phone.

I sat on the couch, looking out to the dock. Tomorrow we are going to Laguna. Oh dear.

***

“Christmas Spirit people!” Uncle Victor exclaimed when we all got off the boats and stepped on the sandy beach of Laguna.

I brought my things to the beach house and sat down.

It was high tide today. Uncle Victor said we will be heading back after watching the sunset. Honestly, he just wants to be romantic because mom's best friend- Serena came along.

“What do you guys say we spend a night here?” Victor announced.

Everyone agreed. I didn't. But I nodded.

“We are going to prepare a bonfire for this evening so have fun. If you don't know how to swim, there's tons of sharks around here.” Victor smiled evilly before heading into the house.

***

“Hi Will.” I greet my classmate who was reading a book.

“O, hey June.” He smiled brightly.

“Can I join you?” I asked.

“Sure!”

I sit down on the other hammock. This hammock. Another memory. I ignore the memories its reminding me off and lay down with my own book.
Today's very beautiful. The sun high up in the sky. Its windy. Laguna is a beautiful island. A land where palm trees sway.

10 minutes later into the book, a shadow covered me. I look up to see Cayden standing there. He sits down on the hammock I occupied and lies down. I was about to get up but he pulls me back down. My arm on his bare chest.

Gosh, he has abs. Damn, he's still jogging.

I miss going on morning jogs with him.

“Stay with me.” He said.

I keep quiet and relaxed. My head on his arm.

“Remember this hammock?” He broke the silence.

“No, I don't.” I lie, reading my book. He sighs, snatching my book from me.

“Cayden…” I whine.

“On this hammock, you took my phone away and told me to enjoy nature. You should too.” He stated.

I look at him, feeling my heart swell. “You remember?”

“Of course, why wouldn't I?”

I smile and he looks at me, confused, before smiling at me.

“Do you remember what I did that time too?” I ask him.

He thinks for a minute before he could do anything, I push him off the hammock and laughed so hard. This is what we did long time ago.

“You okay?”

“I'm okay because I made you smile.” He said.

***

“So why were you mad at me?" Cayden asked me when we were sitting on the beach.

I sighed, looking at him. “You left me without telling me. You promised you would tell me.”

“June Hale, I didn't know I was leaving myself.” He tells me honestly.