Chapter 10

Chapter 10-
In Pohnpei

Cayden

I didn't see June after her performance. She didn't get to stay and get her gift. I was the one who picked her.

The next morning, I went by at her house but Shay told me June left last night.

“To where?” I  ask.

“Chill, Cayden. She just went to Pohnpei because of her chest problem.”

I look at her confused. “What?”

“She didn't tell you?”

I urge her to explain.

“On the very same day you left for Spain, June fell on a rock. Chest to rock. The symptoms or whatever are working now. She gets chest pains and mom took her to the Pacific for local medicine.” Shay elaborated.

This was too much to take in.

“Take me to her.” I tell Shay who cocks a brow.

***

“Go help her, son.” Dad encouraged me.

I salute him and went outside to the car where Viola stood waiting with a big smile.

“What do you want?” I ask.

“Where are you going, Caybabe!” She said flirtatiously.

“To my lover if that's any of your concern.” I spat.

She puts her hand on my chest,“But your lovers right here. I am your other half.”

I look at her confused.

“I have the other half, Caybabe.” She shows me the other half of an anchor. The same one I have hiding behind my shirt.

“We are meant to be.” She tries to convince me.

“Not now.” I push her from me and got into Mike's Lamborghini and we drove off to the airport.

My JUNE BUG needs me!

June

I arrived in the Pacific two days and the next day in the island of Pohnpei, my mom took me to a village in the mountain.

“Carla, kaselel (hello).” An islander greeted mom. “I've prepared a hut for you and your daughter. Come, come.”

Mom wanted me to come here and use local medicine because its better. I just hope Cayden doesn't get the wrong idea that I left him.

***

“Lay back and relax, June.” Maria, my mom's islander friend, told me kindly with a smile.

I smile back and relax back.

They prepared a tub for me filled with banana water. I don't know much about this but it's supposed to make my chest better.

My chest was bare. I felt awkward and exposed so I had mom help me wrap a cloth around my boobs.

I rest back, laying in the water. Maria had a basin when she came in. She sat down  and put this wet banana thing on me.

She said it was banana tree skin.

She puts it on my chest and tells me to relax.

And I did.

“Maybe after 3 days you will get better.” Maria said.

“I hope I do.”

I was having sashimi for dinner when the door slammed open showing a worried Cayden.

I smile. “Cay2!”

He came over and pulled me in for a hug. “I missed you like crazy.”

“Sorry, I just needed Maria's help.”

As if on cue, Maria came in with a bottle of fresh coconut oil.

“Hello, you must be Cayden.” Maria smiled.

“Hello,” Cayden greets.

“June, its time for your massage.”

I nod at her before getting up. We went outside to the balcony and I lie down. I was wearing a pohnpeian skirt. It covers my chest to knees. Its Maria's.

Cayden sat down on my left side and Maria on my right. Maria spilled a bit of oil on my chest and proceeded to massage it. Her massaging is good. My chest doesn't hurt as much as before.

“That necklace …” I trail off when Cayden's necklace dangled off his neck. I reach up and hold it.

“Its like mine.” I say.

“You have one?”

“Used to. Viola stole it on Christmas night.”

“The other half of my anchor?”

I nod.

“Since when did you came to Spain?”

I laugh. “I didn't. Dianna gave it to me.”

“Viola was showing it to me when I was on my way to the airport.”

“She likes you to the point that she steals.” I mutter.

“What did your necklace say?” Cayden questions.

“Cayden's.” I answer, looking up into his blue eyes. When I received the necklace, I noticed the words engraved on it.

“Yours?”

“June's.” He answered. “I had a Spanish man make them for me. Viola doesn't know that. When I went to get them, yours was lost so I got mine. I went back the next day for yours, but the boss's daughter sold it to a lady who happened to be mom.”

“This is so romantic.” I smile brightly.

“Very.”