Chapter 7

Chapter 7-
What happened

The Perez brothers and I were having a sleepover. Viola joined us along with other kids and my older sisters as well.

Cayden and Mike slept on the bunk bed. Rico slept on the other bed. The girls slept far away from me. We were sleeping on the floor.

I was alone near the bunk bed. Cayden who slept on the top was near the AC so he got cold.
I was laying on my side when he came down and laid beside me.

“Hey,”

“Hey.”

“So why the sudden sleepover?” I asked him.

“I don't know. Viola's idea.” Cay2 shrugged.

I smiled. “Good night, Cayden.”

“Good night, June.” He said and his brothers echoed his reply as well.

***

The next morning, I found myself using Cayden's blanket whereas the blanket Viola gave me was piled up in a corner.

I stole his blanket.

“Good morning, June Bug!” Cay2 greeted me. “Let's go have breakfast.”

After breakfast, Viola and my two sisters grabbed me and pulled me into the forest.

“What do you guys want?” I asked them.

“Cayden's mine, John! Can't you understand that?” Viola yelled at me.

Shay frowned. “Hold up, Viola. You said we were going to play hide and seek. Why are you acting like a b*tch to my little sister? Can't you understand that she is Cayden's?”

My heart swelled. My big sister stood up for me.

Viola rolled her eyes and said,“Fine, let's play.”

***

I was hiding in the same spot for a long time already.

I get up and went out to see no one around.

“Viola!” No answer.

“Shay!” No answer.

“Freida!”

“June?” Freida called me. She saw me and came over. “What are you doing hiding around?”

“What? I've been hiding and waiting for Viola to find me since she's it. where did you come from?"

“The airport with Viola and everyone except you.”

“What? Who came?”

“More like left, the Perez family left just a while ago to Spain.”

I shook my head and ran pass her. I tripped over a root and fell forward with my chest hitting a rock.

“Cayden…Don't leave me.” was the last thing I said before fainting.

‘☆,

Present

Cayden

June looked upset.

I was feeling terrible.

“June, look at me.” I whisper, tilting her chin. She looks at me and sighs,“What?”

“The day I left to Spain- I had no clue about that.” I start.

“How could you not know about your own departure?" She asked in disbelief.

“Look Viola was supposed to tell me. My family thought I knew about our leaving, but I didn't because Viola never told me.” I explained. “I came to know about that on the plane. I was angry too.”

“So Viola didn't tell you and me about your going to Spain, tricked me into hiding so I don't come to see you go to Spain …why?” June asked.

“Because she has a crush on me,” I answer.

“Then date her.” June said.

I chuckle. “Have you forgotten? We're still dating. You and I. We never broke up.”

“Well, now we finally are. Cayden, I'm brea-”

I lean in and kiss her pink lips, interrupting her from breaking up with me. She's mine. Ever since I met her, I knew she was the one.

I pull back from the kiss and she turns away immediately. I knew she was blushing.

“So do you forgive me for leaving?” I ask her.

She turns to me. “I forgave you the moment I saw you again."

“So we good?” I smile.

She smiles. “Yes, Cay2.”

And my June bug's back.