Chapter 2

Chapter 2-
His Arrival

   “June Bug!”

I turned around to see my best friend running my way. He had a big smile on his face.

“What should I call you then?” I asked him when he sat down with me on the leaves. Its Autumn leaves.

Its beautiful.

“Whatever you want to call me,”

“Then I shall call you… Cay2.” I said happily.

“Why Cay2?” He asked curiously.

“Have you watched the Kdrama ‘K2’?” I asked him.

“No, but my little sister does.” He said.

“Well, K2 is about a guy. He's a bodyguard for this girl. He saves her and all. His bodyguard name is K2. So what I am saying is… you're my very own K2 except its Cay from Cayden with 2.”

“Wow, June Bug.”

“Oh shut it, Cay2.” I chuckled.

He smiled and looked behind me. Before I could turn he puts his arm around my waist and flipped me to his right side. I gulped. I was under him as he looked at me.

“I just saved you… again.”

I looked at him confused.

“There was a spider coming down so I moved you from it.”

“Aw, sweet…wait, what?! Spider!?"

   ‘☆‚

PRESENT

“Omg, Carrie's arriving today! Oh yea, yea…” Freida, my second older sister, said while doing a happy dance.

I finish drinking my fresh cup of orange juice, setting it down on the counter.

I am the middle child, just June. I have 5 sisters. There's Shay, Freida, me, Liz, and baby Rane. My parents had always wanted a son but it just never happen. I had a twin brother- Jake; he died two days after birth because he wasn't taken good care of by a nurse.

“Awesome…” I say nonchalantly.

She rolls her eyes at me,“You don't sound enthusiastic, June.”

“There's no reason to be.” I say.

“But Cayden's coming too, that's a reason to be.”

“Yea…? Not really.” I shrug and walked out and headed to the backyard. I found my mom feeding baby Rane. I sit down beside her and look at my surroundings.

“Are you okay, June?” Mom ask.

“Yea, why?”

“You look bothered.”

“I'm not, it's just how I am. i look like it, but am not.” I say.

“You know you can talk to me about anything. Tell me what you want.”

“I'll think about it-”

“Mom, Rufus tore my bra apart!” Shay yelled angrily as she came out holding a torn up lace bra.

Rufus was our dog.

“Well, maybe Rufus did that because it was stinky.” Mom told her.

“Mom!” Shay said while mom laughed.

***

I sat at a table next to the window at this diner, stirring my chocolate milkshake with the straw as I read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. It is an amazing book.

“June? Hey June.”

I look up when I heard my name and saw a beautiful mother coming my way.

“Hi, Dianna.” I stand up to greet her.

She pulls me in for a hug.

“Oh, how is my baby girl?” She said, pulling back.

“I'm great, you? You've been gone to Spain for so long.” I tell her, gesturing for her to sit down which she did.

“I'm well- oh you look so beautiful. I brought you something.” She said excitedly, searching through her purse.

She took out a small box and placed it on the table,“I bought in Spain for you.”

She opened it to reveal a necklace that had a half of an anchor.

“The seller said there's only one of this style. And that someone had already bought the other half. Hearing that I was upset, I wanted to buy it for you and Cayden.” She said with a sigh.

“Oh…its beautiful and simple.”

She chuckled.“Simple is what you love.”

“Simplicity is bliss.” I smile.

“Put it on.” She said.

Oh well. Cayden doesn't have the other half. That's a good thing. And whoever has the half will probably not meet me so …

I put on the necklace and it just feels right.

“Gorgeous.” Dianna gushed, taking a picture of me while i was examining the anchor.

“Thank you.” I say.

She nodded. “Tonight, Victor's hosting a welcome back party for me and the gang. You and your family should come. I really want to see baby Rane.”

“Tonight? I rea-”

“Please, June. Stop it with the busy excuse. Why is a 17 year old so busy? You have to come.” She pleaded.

I sigh. “I'm coming.”