Cruise 2014

6/5/14 - 6/9/14

NYC to Bermuda

Carnival Splendor

This trip it was just four of us: Jenn, Morgan, Traci, and me. I was afraid it wouldn't be as fun, but it actually turned out to be better in some ways. We didn't have to worry about trying to keep up with people in two or three different cabins with different event times. So it worked out well.

This was the first time we left from a port other than Miami, so it was a whole new experience for us. And I'd never been to New York before. There was so much I would have liked to have seen and experienced. But we only had the day before departure to explore, so we hit the highlights. Our first stop was to buy pineapple juice to go with the alcohol we were planning on smuggling onto the boat.

This cruise was different, not only due to leaving from a different port, but also because there would be a reality show filmed: Rock This Boat. This would be when I learned that a 'reality' show isn't necessarily reality.

I was under the impression that this show was intended to show the world what being a Blockhead was all about and why it's so amazing. Anyone could apply to be one of the featured fans that the show would focus on. I guess my friends and I weren't interesting enough.

I'm not saying it was bad, but the show didn't depict what I felt it should have. Of course, I don't know exactly what it was meant to entail, but it wasn't what I expected it to be. Not only that, but there were film crews everywhere, and we saw firsthand that they did 'takes' and nearly every bit of what we saw was scripted, with some fans overreacting for effect.

After the first season, it seemed as though Donnie listened to the complaints about the show. He recruited some fans to help with the second season. While they filmed a second show on the 2015 cruise, it was supposed to focus more on the band itself. I don't think it was a whole lot different than the first season, but I do think it improved. But if I'm being honest, I don't even care about the content. I'd watch anything as long as the guys were in it. Just saying.

Within an hour of being on the boat, Traci and I ran into Danny when we went to see if our room was ready yet. He's so nice. He asked if it was our first cruise. Traci told him it was our third, and he responded, "Touche." We both took pictures with him.

This year we continued with our "Club Cray" theme from the previous year for the door decoration

This year we continued with our "Club Cray" theme from the previous year for the door decoration. This time we made our cabin entrance look like, well, for lack of a better description, an adult toy shop. Not my idea, but I willingly went along with it because it was fun. We expanded on the "Club Cray" theme, using another Billy Jeffrey cutout and the same photo-shopped pictures of the New Kids. And we had handcuffs, whips, etc. up on display. There was even a neon 'open' sign hanging on the door. It looked pretty amazing, actually. The best part, though, was that we made business cards and brochures with some silly descriptions of what our 'shop' offered. The name of our little shop? "50 Shades Of Cray." LOL. And our tag line was "For all your Big Girl needs." Big Girl Now is a New Kids song, if you didn't know.