The Main Event Tour

5/27/15 Nashville, TN

I really splurged on this one. But I went all out since I knew that after the tour was over, it would likely be over a year before I saw NKOTB again. It was totally worth it.

Morgan, Traci, and I got the highest priced tickets, dubbed "Top Shelf." These tickets included a seat right at the stage, a photo op with the group on the stage, backstage tour (which didn't amount to anything really other than a look at a collection of memorabilia), pre-party, and merchandise.

There was a torrential downpour about ten minutes before I reached the hotel where I'd be meeting Traci. But it wasn't the hotel that we were going to be staying at that night. We were ditching one of our cars there again so we'd only have to pay to park one car at the hotel we were actually staying at. I couldn't even drive over 30mph on the interstate for several minutes because it was raining so hard. But I was only a couple minutes late.

We left my car, and Traci drove us to the hotel that Morgan had gotten for free with points. It was right beside the venue, and the buses were lined up along the building across the street, right outside our window. Morgan had already eaten with her sister, Whitnie, who had accompanied her on the trip (she wanted to go to the concert, too, but hadn't bought a ticket), just before we arrived. So Traci and I walked a couple blocks down the road to Hard Rock Cafe to grab some dinner and drinks. We shared our usual fajitas and had this delicious mixed drink that tasted just like a smoothie, in case you're wondering.

During dinner, we found out that someone we knew through Twitter (because of our mutual love of the band 5 Seconds Of Summer), Dawn, had won tickets from the radio station. I believe she's from Arizona, but was in Tennessee that night. I was so excited for her. She's not a crazy die hard NKOTB fan like us, but she liked them back in the day.

It took forever for the waiter to bring us the bill. Our VIP check-in time was 4:00, and we were barely going to make it. And as our luck would have it, while we were waiting for the check, it started raining again. So we had the pleasure of walking back to the hotel in the rain, with only my hoodie held over our heads for shelter. Somehow we managed to not let our hair and makeup get ruined. We met Morgan outside by the buses and headed to our designated check-in area.

As we arrived, I got a tweet from Dawn saying she would be on her way soon and that she won two tickets, but would be coming on her own. It was so funny because at the same time, Traci, Morgan, and I got excited and said, "Whit!" I told Dawn that we had a friend who needed a ticket, if she wanted to give it to someone. She said that Whitnie was welcome to the ticket. So we arranged for them to meet when Dawn was able to get there. It was so random and awesome how that worked out. Plus, we got to meet Dawn. It's always cool to meet people you've talked to online.

After we picked up our tickets, they led us to the room where the pre-party was. We bought drinks right away, because priorities. However, Morgan was actually still paying for hers when they told us to start lining up to be taken inside the arena. We had to chug our drinks. I was afraid it would hit me all at once after that. But I guess my nervousness overtook the alcohol. Or maybe they just evened each other out, because I was fairly chill when it came time to meet the guys.

We were led to the stage, where the order of things was explained to us by the photographer. We viewed the guys' personal collection of memorabilia. Then we got to see where our seats were located. Finally, it was time to line up for our photo op.

The three of us had gone without joining a photo group, because after meeting the guys so many times, we didn't really care who we stood beside in the photo. Luckily, we were placed in a good group. And only one other person wanted to stand beside Jordan, so I volunteered to be his second person. In the end, the other girl actually moved from her place in line and didn't stand by him, but that was her own fault for not staying in line. Morgan and Traci volunteered to be with Jon.