Nick & Knight

9/17/14 Louisville, KY

If you don't know, this duo is formed of a member of two of the most successful boybands ever: Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block, and Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys. When they first announced out of the blue that they had made an album together I was like What the hell?! It was such an odd pairing to me. I mean, their groups had toured together, but the whole duo thing was just weird.

But then I heard the music. And I fell in love with these two all over again. They're seriously great together. So when they announced a tour, of course I had to be there. I would have given almost anything for a picture with Nick. Almost. But not as much as it cost. It was something insane, like nearly as much as it is for a meet and greet with the whole BSB group. And the same went for Jordan. If it was just me, I may have considered it. But I had bought a ticket for my friend, Simona, to go with me. And I knew she couldn't afford it and I surely couldn't afford to buy two. So that was that.

I'd also bought the VIP upgrade seats from the venue, which were actually up in the first row of the balcony, because I didn't want to have to deal with general admission. If you weren't already aware, I despise GA.

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to driving directions. I can hardly find my way around my own little town, let alone downtown Louisville. And as my luck would have it, my GPS died on me. Like it bit the dust, it wasn't just the battery. I tried using my phone, but it was an older phone, and it kept freezing up or else wouldn't work at all. I did manage to get us to the general vicinity and drove around until I found the place. I thought for sure we'd be late, but we somehow made it with plenty of time to spare.

Being in the front up there, we at least got noticed by the guys and got some eye contact and smiles. It was a small venue, so we really weren't that far back.

They sounded really good live, and they even had choreographed dances like the perfect little boybanders that they are. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did Simona.

Afterwards, I took a peek at the merch, though I didn't plan to buy anything since I got a shirt with the album bundle, and I saw Free, the drummer from Elevation Theory

Afterwards, I took a peek at the merch, though I didn't plan to buy anything since I got a shirt with the album bundle, and I saw Free, the drummer from Elevation Theory. They were the band who played for Jordan on his Live and Unfinished tour, as well as for Nick and Knight. I mentioned in another chapter that he called my little group of friends Team Free after meeting him before. I'd tweeted him and said I was going to be there and hoped to see him. When I approached him I said, "Free! I'm one of the Team Free girls." I felt stupid as always, but he hugged me. We chatted for a second, but I have no idea what I even said.

 We chatted for a second, but I have no idea what I even said

Then I hurried on out of there. I had to work the next day, and it took two hours to get home. If I had a dollar for every hour of sleep I've lost because of concerts or cruises, I'd be able to afford a few of those pictures with Nick.

 If I had a dollar for every hour of sleep I've lost because of concerts or cruises, I'd be able to afford a few of those pictures with Nick