Glad To Have You Back

~A few hours later~

I still haven't talked to David yet. He left before I came out of the room.

"Mom? Your phone is ringing." I looked up. It was Kyd. I looked to my phone. I didn't know the number but I still answered.

"Gillian?" It was very scratchy. I could barely understand them.

"How did you get this number?"

"It's me-" it cut off for a second. "I need yo-ur he-lp"

"I'm sorry who is this again?"

"D-" it cut off.

"Hello?" I looked to the screen and it had hung up.

"Damnit.." I sighed. I wasn't even sure who it was, but I was worried.

"Who was it?" Kyd looked over as he opened the cabinet.

"They hung up before I got an answer. I'm sure they will call back if it's important."

"Alright." He smiled and took his snack and went off to his room.

??: <Gillian. I need your help. Please go to Cafe 56 on the main road ASAP. Please. I need you.>

G: <Who is this?>

No answer. I sighed and got my bag. I told the kids i would be back soon and I went down to the car. I was scared. I'm almost positive this is a horrible idea, meeting a stranger at a cafe, but I was worried and I wanted to make sure everything was okay.

After a few minutes of sitting in a car contemplating if I should really go in, I sighed and got out. I walked in and looked around. The first person I saw was David. He looked at me and stood up. I sighed, rolled my eyes and walked out. He ran after me.

"Gillian? What the hell was that about?" He held my arms.

"Get off of me. I don't want to talk to you."

"What? Honey, what's wrong?" He looked into my eyes and held me tighter as I tried to push away.

"Are you serious? We had this conversation this morning."

"I haven't been at the house for the past two months. What are you talking about? Gillian, I was kidnapped, I've been locked in some stupid cellar and they finally let me go get some coffee here, if I'm not back in 20 minuets, they are going to kill me."

"David, don't use this bullshit on me."

"Gillian, please, you have to believe me. Your my one in 7 billion. Just like it says on the ring." He looked down to my hand and saw I wasn't wearing it.

"Gillian..."

"You have been cheating on my for the past two months... I decided to take it off." I started tearing up.

"Oh no. No, no. Baby I would never Ever do that. That wasn't me. Someone is posing as me. I swear, I love you so much and everyday I've been without you it hurt me more. We have to go get this guy."

I broke in tears. I knew this was the real David. I knew he still loved me and he would never stop loving me.

"Let's go get that son of a bitch." I smiled and wiped my tears.

We got into the car and I drove to the house.

"David why didn't you try to get a hold of me sooner? I almost changed everything. I almost called off the engagement."

" I did. Honey I tried so hard. Letters, calls, texts, emails! Nothing works, they always caught me. You know I would never ever ever do anything to hurt you."

She sighed, "I know. I love you David."

"I love you too."

They arrived at the house. They went upstairs into the house and looked around. I went into the bedroom and saw him laying there on his phone.

"Hey baby! Your not still mad at me, are you?"

I stayed silent. David went into the kitchen and called the cops while I kept the fake one busy.

Soon after the cops arrived at the house. The barged into the room and put him in cuffs. Then I saw him go into a different form. I different body. It was like something straight out of the X-files. I shook my head thinking I was going crazy but then I realized it all made sense. They took him down to the car and drove him to the station. I watched as he left and then went to the kitchen.

"I'm so glad to have you back." I smiled before standing on my tippy toes and kissed him. He returned it smiling as he held me close.