Chapter 5: Birthday party

Chapter 5

Peeta's P.O.V.

Rose has so much fun at the party.

Although Katniss and I don't like that one of her friends is here. Leiah. Because you won't believe who her mother is.

Everyone's parents are here of course. So Finnick is really tense.

Leiah Cartwright. That's her name. And who's her mother? Delly Cartwright.

Yeah Finnick is still not over how Delly ended up breaking his arm many years ago. She was crazy and determined to get me. And in the middle of everything Finnick was and his arm. And Leiah is Crispin's friend as well, so he's not too happy about that either.

And to be honest neither of us are. I mean Leiah is a sweet and kind girl, but having Delly as a mother is not good for her. Leiah is the only four year old I have ever seen with makeup. And Leiah doesn't have a father. Delly was kind enough to tell us that Leiah was made during a one-night-stand trying to forget about me.

Katniss got angry about that and I did too. I mean seriously. Delly is not a bad mother, but she's not the best either. I mean who put makeup in the face of their four year old daughter?

Okay dumb question. She does. But so you get my point.

Rose have been asking about makeup, and asked if she could have makeup. She told me and Katniss that Leiah is allowed to and that she should as well.

Katniss got so mad that she called Delly and lectured her about three year olds and makeup. Because back then they were only three.

Katniss and I really wonder if Leiah is a going to be just like her mother when she grows up or if she's going to be smart. That's something we'll see in the future.

All the children has lots of fun. Even the adults has fun.

"She's so big", Prim says, coming up to me smiling big.

"I know, she really is", I say.

"Yeah last time I saw her she was much shorter", she says.

"Yeah well that was about six or seven months ago, so of course she was shorter", I say.

Prim sighs.

"Are you also mad at me for leaving?" She asks.

Am I mad? No. I think it was a good thing. She can see so much more then our town and that's good for her. She can learn so much more now and she can find herself and really find out what she wants to do with her life.

Do I miss her? Yes. Ever since we were kids I've been used to have Prim around all the time. She looked up to Katniss and wanted so very much to be with her. Although as she grew older she started to hang out with her own friends, but she was always here.

And I do want her to have a better relationship with Rose. Rose loves Prim very much. She's her favorite auntie, but she doesn't know anything about Prim. She almost never meets her.

"Honestly? No. I don't. I think it's good for you to see the world and for you to make your own decisions in your life", I say and smile. "But I do miss you, it's still weird to know that you're not here to make everyone smile when they're sad, or to hear your laugh when your happy. I love you you Prim, I hope you know that".

"Thanks, you're the only one who has said that to me, it's nice to hear that I don't make all the wrong decisions", she says. "And I do know that, I've known that since I was little, and I love you too, thank you for taking care of Katniss".

I smile. She always thinks of everyone else. Her decision of moving to Sweden was the first and only decision she's made thinking of herself, and sometimes you do have to think about yourself.