7

A/n: I suggest listening to sad / feels music while reading this. It's emotional.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. Mom and Kyle were standing by the stove, cooking pancakes, “morning, Tomma-to,” Kyle said walking up to me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Wait. How did I see it though, I’m blind?

“Your awake!” Mom sighed, hugging me tightly. “awake? What are you talking about? I wake up every day.” I tell mom, “whats the time?” I ask Kyle, “10:43.” Kyle says without looking at his watch, I open my phone, Thursday. It read, he’s late.

Grayson Bailey Dolan, late, he is never late, “mom, where’s Gray?” I ask while eating my pancakes, “Gray? Sweetie, I don’t know who you're talking about.” She says comfortingly, “my boyfriend, mom you know exactly who I'm talking ‘bout.” I say.

“baby, the last boyfriend you had was Shawn.” Mom whispers holding my arm. What happened, “I'm so sorry, it was all my fault.” “what was your fault, Mom?” I whisper. What game are they playing on me?

“it's all my fault.” She echoes, quieter this time, “the accident, I shouldn’t’ve taken my eyes off the road.” She says, “it's all my fault you lost your sight, it's my fault you were in a coma, it's all my fault.” She says breaking down, Kyle places his arm around mom’s shoulder, “no, mom, it's that trucks fault, he hit you.” he says trying to comfort her.

What. No, it was all real, Tomma, what happened?

I'm asking the same things here, obviously no one knows what I'm talking about.

“where is Grayson?” I ask, I'm starting to lose it, I'm starting to break, why would they play such a cruel joke on me? “Tomma, sweetheart. There is noGrayson” mom says trying to comfort me, “no, no, no! I refuse to accept that the love of my life isn’t real.” I say holding my head.

“This must be what Doctor Singe was talking about.” Mom whispers to Kyle, “Tomma, sweety, you were dreaming,” she says slowley, “No! It was real! It wasn’t a dream, the last 3 months with Grayson,” I say on the verge of crying, “please, tell me your joking,” I say, forcing myself to laugh. “please.” I say, I feel tears fall down my cheeks, they feel warm.

“I'm sorry, Tomma, there is no such person as Grayson.” Kyle says soothingly, I don’t want to believe it was just a dream I had in a coma, so I ask the three-million-dollar question, “what year is it?” “Tomma, it's 2014. The accident was only last month.” Kyle says, “so, I'm still a junior, the last 3 years never happened?” I ask, Kyle shakes his head, “no,” he says.

I open my phone, and I read the messages, they’re mostly from Cameron and Shawn, most of them say,“miss you bunches.” Or “Sorry bae.” From Cameron, and “love you. need to catch up.”From Shawn.

None of this is real, I think to myself.