15

Grayson's POV

I messed up. Big time, I slept with Amber and she caught us. I love her, how could I do this to Tomma? She loves me so much and I hurt her!

I wish I could turn back, tell her I love her and be faithful. But I wasn’t, now she's not returning my calls and she blocked my texts. I hurt her, I could see it in her eyes, I don’t deserve Tomma Krystal McKnight as a girlfriend.

Yeah. You're right. She didn’t do anything. She gave you her everything, and what did you do? You ran into Amber's open legs.

I sat on my couch in silence, staring at the last few words Tomma sent me,

Goodbye, Grayson, I’d be lying if I said I won’t miss you.” it said, she would miss me. Me. I don’t deserve to be missed. I don’t deserve anything. She doesn’t deserve to feel this bad I shouldn’t have told her I love her.

Ethan walks over to the couch and sits next to me, “you really messed up, Gray.” He says roughly, “I mean, that’s low, even for you.”

My brother gets off the couch and stands in front of me, “why?” he asked, I looked up at him in confusion, “why’d you do that? You hurt her. And you slept with her friend, what I want to know is why?” I looked him in the eye, “you wanna know why, Ethan?” I say harshly, “I did it because I've always been this way, I’ll always be like this. I will never be good at relationships, not since” I say just about shouting.

You're right, you won’t be good at relationships until you get over her…

My subconscious is right, if I want to be good at relationships, I need to get over Vanessa. “I know, Gray, Vanessa was your first real love, you guys dated for three years, when she broke up with you, it hurt you so badly, but we’re 18 now, that was 2 years ago, get over it!” he says,

“look, I know I've never met Tomma, and I know you keep pushing me away, but you have to stop this hit and run.” He runs his hand through his hair and walks into the kitchen.

I need to pull myself together, I need to go over and apologise.

I picked myself off the couch and walked to my room, I put on a black Nike top and some grey adidas joggers, I put my converse on and walked to the door, I open the door and standing in front of me is a small brunette with big green eyes staring at me.

Tomma’s POV

“hi.” I whisper under my breath, the boy in front of me stared into my eyes. I came over to talk, and he was just about to leave.

Probably to see the devil herself Amber.

Maybe. Grayson looks at me and slightly smiles, “hi.” He says back, he walks backward into his apartment, “wanna come in?” he asks quietly

Ethan’s POV

Grayson opens the door and starts talking to someone in front of him, “wanna come in?” he asks the person, he walks over to the couch and the person, who is a girl, sits down next to him. Before they start talking, I walk to the entranceway of the living room, “hi there.” I say loudly.

The girl jumps in her seat and gets off the couch and walks over to me, “hi, I'm Tomma, I'm guessing your Ethan, right?” the girl says softly, I nod my head, yes.

So that’s Tomma, the girl my brother cheated on. She's stunning. I wouldn’t cheat on her.

Get your head out of your pants.

My head isn’t in my pants. “hi.” I say quieter this time, Tomma turns on her heels and goes back to Grayson.

Tomma’s POV

Ethan stays looking at us while Grayson and I talk, “so,” he says, his hazel eyes staring at me, “can I explain?” he says softly, I nod my head and he takes a deep breath, “first of all, I'm sorry, I don’t know what came over me, but I don’t want to be with Amber, Tomma,” he smiles taking my hand, “I want to be with you. No one else.”

I look him in the eye again and huff, “no, Gray, I get that you're sorry and all but it's not that easy, I didn’t come here to hear you explain, I came here to get some stuff letting you explain was just a bonus.” I say closing my eyes calmly, I've been up in my room for three days straight crying and eating because my heart was shattered by the boy I care for most.

I want him back, I want to feel his lips on mine, but if I do, I'm accepting defeat, and I don’t want to do that.

Ethan looks at us. “I know what you're thinking” I sigh, Ethan’s face is very similar to Grayson's, the differences are clear though, Ethan’s jawline is more defined, I once asked Grayson what Ethan looked like, and he said, “the exact same as me, except he has a bicycle seat jawline.”

He looks at me, “can I talk to you please?” he asks lightly, I smile and follow him into the kitchen. Ethan sighs and says; “I know you still love him.” He starts, it's true, so I don’t say anything. “he hurt you. I get that, but I know it's not cool.” He says running his hand through his hair.

Ethan’s POV:

I look at Tomma and examine her features, her eyes are all puffy, possibly from crying, her brown hair isn’t messy, signalling she made an effort to look good.

Tomma turns around and walks toward Grayson's room. A few minutes later she walks out with a hoodie, some joggers and a backpack. “gracias, Ethan. Bye Grayson.” She says walking out the door calmly, “go after her dude.” I tell my identical twin. He sighs and shakes his head, “she doesn’t want me.” He says putting his head in his hands.

I put my hand on Grayson's back, “I'm going to go talk to her,” I say getting up off the couch. Grayson looks up at me and barely smiles, he's hurt. Just like her.

Tomma’s POV

I walk out of the apartment and into the hallway. I stood by the neighbour’s house for about 2 minutes with tears itching to come out, Grayson's apartment door unlocks and out walks; an Ethan, “hey, Tomma,” he says smiling, I wave slightly, “are you OK?” he asks, I nod my head yes.

You're not OK.

“Bene sum, I'm fine.” I say wiping my eyes aggressively, Ethan smiles, “I'm sorry,” he says, “nec non.” He speaks Latin? “Latine loqueres? (you speak Latin?)” I say slightly shocked, Ethan laughs “yes.”

I run my hand through my messy ponytail. “Vis impetro cenam?” I ask, I look at the closed door behind him, “yea. On one condition though.” He says smiling.

“you bring Grayson.”