17

Part 17

Ethan's POV

Tomma and Gray have been back together for 2 days now and it hurts. I know I only met her 3 days ago, but I feel like I have a strong connection with her.

Miss Mato

Hey Ethanol. You and Gray want

to go to Starbux?

I smile at the nickname she gave me. She is innocent and sweet, Grayson hurt her, and, yet she forgave him.

Uh. It's a yes for me. Let me check

with Gray.

It's a yes from him too.

Yay! Starbucks near my place

or at the board walk?

Board walk.

I look at my brother who’s typing furiously on his phone, “Starbucks with me and Tomma?” I ask him “yea, sure.” He says not looking up from his phone, I decided to take advantage of his focused stage, “do you still screw Amber?”

“uh-hu.” He says, and I laugh very hard, Grayson looks up at me, “c’mon we’re going to be late” I say calming down, “where?” he asks, and I laugh some more, “Starbucks, Tomma wants to hang out.”

Grayson gets off the couch, “that’s what you said to me?” he asks confused, I nod my head, yes.

Grayson shrugs his shoulders, “k”

******

When we arrive at the boardwalk, I almost immediately spot Tomma in a one piece and a pair of shorts, “hey guys.” She says kissing Grayson on the cheek, “hey Tomma” Grayson says examining her body. “damn.” He says laughing.

Cringey!

“you look really nice.” I say scratching my neck, Tomma smiles and laughs, “I've ordered already, that place is packed, I hope it's cool that I ordered for you?” she says, I nod my head yes.

Tomma walks us to the table she reserved for us, there is towels and our Starbucks, “yours, yours and mine.” She smiles her eyes are twinkling, “I bought towels, maybe we could go swimming later.” She says sipping her coffee.

“I also bought Kyle's old swimming trunks for you. They should fit you.” she says looking at Grayson, “and I bought you a pair as well, Ethan. They’re too small for Kyle now but they should fit both of you,”

“thanks babe.” Grayson says. I silently envy my brother being so close to Tomma, I envy the way she looks at him and smiles that should be me I think to myself. That should be me.Grayson looks toward my truck, “dude, can we go change?” I ask he nods his head and grabs the trunks, “brb.” He says sending a wink to Tomma.

“what's up with you?” Grayson spits once we’re out of Tomma's line of hearing,

“what do you mean?” I ask trying to play coy, Grayson slams me against the truck,

“I see the way you look at her.” He says through his gritted teeth,

“you think I don’t notice? I'm not going to let what happened to Nessa happen to. You can’t take her away from me I don’t care whether you’re my brother or not, I will beat you up…” he starts but becomes silent, I look behind the car and see a small brunette staring at us,

“who’s ‘Nessa’” she says with her arms folded around her chest, “Grayson? Whose Nessa?” she screams. Grayson looks at me and storms off, Tomma's angry expression changes to a soft one and she runs after Gray.

“Tomma!” I shout after her, she stops in her tracks and turns to face me, “I'm sorry.” She whispers turning again.

Good going man