Exhibit Number One

"Oh my God. Look at that hunk of sexy over there." Allison said, drool basically falling from her mouth.

"Oh yea. That's what every guy wants to hear his girlfriend say!' Jason retoted, sarcasm lingering in his voice.

"Oh Jase! I only have eyes for you!" 

Oh, I should probably tell you what's going on! Allison, I call her Allie, is best friend and Jason is her boyfriend. They decided to go to the mall and bring me and Jason's best friend, Aaron, except Aaron cancelled at the last minute so I have the pleasure of watching them make-out then fight every 10 minutes. Can you say bi-polar relationship? Gosh what have I gotten myself into?

"Sydney!" Allie said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes my dear Allison?" I said with a smile.

"Well what do you think of him? He's hot, you're hot, go talk to him!"

"But I don't want to!" I said with a pout.

By then it was already too late. Allie pushed me over to the guy and walked away. But not before yelling, "She's single!"

I ran face first into the most beautiful man I've ever seen. Beautiful green eyes stared into mine, but it wasn't attraction or lust in his eyes. He had the most obvious annoyed look in his eyes.

"Umm....how about those ummm weather." I said with an uneasy smile.

"How about those umm weather?" he replied, mimicking me. "Are you stupid or something?"

"No! Don't be rude!" I said, overflowed with confidence. "You don't even know me!"

"Well it's a good thing you’re hot," he said, his eyes raking over everywhere but my face. "How about you come with me back to my place, so I can get to know you better?"

"Eww no." I said and walked away.

It was so obvious. He was one of those guys; the ones that know that they're attractive and are chick magnets, so they're cocky. I always run into them because, as you heard, I'm quote-un-quote hot. It’s a blessing and a curse. All of my friends are trying to get me a boyfriend, but their attempts end in me getting embarrassed or harrassed. That was exhibit number one.

 I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Allie: Where the hell are you?

After aimlessly wandering around for a couple minutes, she replied: We're at the food court. How'd it go with the hottie?

I'll tell you when I get there, but you're in trouble.

Being distracted, I ran into a wall and fell to the ground. "Damn wall," I mumbled.

"No wall. Just a person," a voice replied with a chuckle.

"Well that person needs to watch where he's going! I could've died!"

"But....you were the one texting...okay. Nevermind. The only thing that matters is if you're fine or not. I'm sorry for running into you," he replied looking into my eyes. My eyes? That's never been something that a guy's done.

"Yea I'm fine, I guess," I said as he helped me to my feet. 

"Well, I'm Jace," he said, still holding me even though I was stable again.

"And I'm trying to go meet my friends, so could you let go please?" 

"Oh sorry."

And with that I was off again. Once I saw Allie, my pace quickened. She didn't see me though. She was too busy eating Jason's face.

"BREAK IT UP YOU TOO! WE'RE TRYING TO SAVE THE MINDS OF CHILDREN!" I yelled and got everyone’s attention.

"Hey! I can kiss my boyfriend whenever I want!" 

"And now you have an audience," I said motioning to all of the curious eyes around us. "Now please get off of his lap before somebody pulls out a video camera and starts making a porno."

One Allie got up I saw a huge tent in Jason's pants. "Oh God! Allie go sit back on his lap before my innocent mind is ruined! Calm yourself Jase! And don't do anything that I haven't done you too.

"But you haven't done anything...." Jason retorted.

"Exactly." I replied with a winning smile.

********

"And then he asked me to go back to his place so he can get to know me better.”

I was explaining to Allie how exhibit number one went, saying the last part in my best stupid-guy voice.

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?! Where's he at?! I'm gonna go beat him!" 

"Allie calm down. It's fine. I just need to find the right person, who really stands out to me." I had the guy who I ran into still in my mind. Who was he? I'm not even gonna lie. He was attractive!

"What's on your mind dear?" Allie asked.

"Nothing. Can we just go?"

"Not before you go and talk to that hottie checking you out! Oh wait! That's exhibit number one! Ohhhh! I’m going to go break his nose!"

We had to drag Allie out of the mall so she didn't get arrested for assault and public disturbance. It was a.....unique experience. God, I have to find myself a man. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alright guys! There's Chapter One: Exhibit Number One. You like it? Do you hate it? Comment! Vote!  Fan! (please) Ok, we'll start off low with hmm....3 votes? Yea. 3 votes and I'll upload the next chapter! :)

        xoxo

               ~romancejunkie911