22

I kept searching around for something sharp. It's been roughly 10 minutes since Mitch told me we had forty minutes to get out of here.

I heard heavy footsteps and froze.

"Tiffany get over here!" Mitch whisper yelled.

My heart started to race as I got up. I put my hands out and blindly felt along the wall. I stopped when I felt a door knob.

"Tiffany!" Mitch snapped. "Shut up Mitch!" I snapped before pressing myself against the wall.

The door opened and the light turned on. I closed my eyes immediately and kicked my leg out. I heard a groan and I opened my eyes. I didn't wait for them to adjust to the light. I just closed the door and tackled the man to the floor.

"The fuck?!" The man growled while shoving me off.

I groaned and quickly got up.

"Tiffany!" Mitch yelled.

I didn't look at him. I just watched the man before me. He had a gun pointed right at me.

"You think you're going to get out of here? Funny girl." The man said in a thick accent. I smirked. "Safety's on." I said. The man furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at this gun and I immediately tackled him again.

His finger pulled the finger as he dropped to the floor. I quickly grabbed his hand with his gun and placed by his head. I shot him quickly. I got off the man and looked at Mitch who was staring at me. I gulped and looked down at the man.

"How crazy do I look?" I asked Mitch. "Not crazy at all, but I wouldn't do that in front of strangers. They'll think you're insane." He answered.

I shook my head and immediately started checking the pockets of the dead man. I found keys and held them. I quickly ran to Mitch.

"I need to get to that bomb. I can disarm it and stop it from going off but I need a computer too." I said while unlocking his cuffs.

He rubbed his wrists. I stood up and held my hand. He took it and allowed me to help him up. I went to pull away but Mitch pulled me back. I gasped as our chests touched. He picked my chin up and kissed my lips softly. Butterflies filled my stomach. He pulled away leaving my breathless.

"No one's going to die. We're going to get out of here and stop that bomb from going off." He said. I nodded.

Mitch moved from me and went towards the dead body that was lying on the floor. He picked up the gun and checked the man's body. I watched as he pulled out an extra magazine and a knife. He turned to me.

"I'll take the knife." I said, knowing that I could trust Mitch to keep us safe with the gun. After all he has had way more training than me.

He nodded and gave me the knife. He walked towards the door and looked at me.

"You ready?" He asked. I looked at him nervously. "Yeah." I said.

He slowly opened the door and went out first with his gun raised. I followed behind him with my knife raised. The hall was deserted, making me frown.

"Where the hell are we?" I asked. "From the looks of it, I think we're in a basement." He said. "Do you think the rest of them are up there?" I asked. "I don't know but if they are we kill two of them keep the other. They have to take us to where the bomb is." He said. "If it's in here why would they still be here if it's supposed to go off in thirty minutes?" I asked. "I don't know. Now, come on. Stay behind me and do not move unless I say so." He said sternly. "Yes sir." I mumbled. Mitch looked at me with a small smirk.

We walked down the hall towards the open staircase. I held the knife tightly in my hand while the other hand gripped onto the back of Mitch's shirt. We silently crept up the steps. I occasionally turned my head back to make sure no one was following us. Mitch stopped and looked back at me. He leaned against the wall and I followed.

"There's three men standing outside the door to our right. How far can you throw that knife?" He asked.

I looked down at the knife and analyzed it. It was a little bigger than regular throwing knives and weighed more but it would do for right now. It had too, or else Mitch and I were screwed.

"Heavier than what I'm used to but it'll do for right now." I said.

Mitch nodded and slipped behind me. I gripped the knife tightly in my hand and I looked to see the three men standing in front of the door.

"I could take out the closest one, can you get the other two?" I asked quietly. "Yeah. Whenever you're ready." He said.

I took a deep breath and set the knife in my hand. I lifted my arm and stared at my target. Just like Stan taught you Tiff. I threw the knife and watched as it plunged into the man's neck.

"Get down." Mitch said while pushing me down onto the steps.

I heard two silenced gunshots and bodies falling to the ground. I looked up at Mitch.

"Lets go." He said sternly.

He ran up the last couple of steps. I followed behind him and stopped by the bodies. I immediately picked up two of their guns. I stood up and watched Mitch kick down the door.
"Don't fucking move!" He growled loudly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    Here's the next chapter guys! Hope you liked it.