25

I fixed the drawstrings on my sweatpants. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I walked off and walked down the hall.

    I went right into the room and saw Irene sitting at her desk. She looked at me.

    "How are you feeling?" She asked. "Like shit." I grumbled. "Pain?" She asked. "All over." I muttered. "Your mom just arrived. She's sitting in the interrogation room." Irene informed me.

    I bit my lip and nodded.

    "How am I going to do this?" I asked. Irene didn't answer me. "I have to sit there and listen to you guys tell my mom a lie about how her mom died while I know the truth. My grandmother. My mother's mom died because I got her involved in that stupid mission. Her and Asim died all because of my stupidity." I said angrily.

    Tears pricked my eyes.

    "Hey, look at me." Irene said.

    I looked up at her.

    "You're not alone." She said. "Feels like it." I mumbled.

    It's been a week since what happened in Dubai. A week since I last saw and heard from Mitch. According to Irene he's been MIA but I know she's bullshitting with me. She knows where Mitch but she doesn't want to tell me.

    The office door opened and closed. I turned my head and saw Stan. He looked me over. This is the first time I've seen him since the mission.

    "You Okay?" He asked. "Yeah. Just some bruised ribs and three stitches above my eyebrow." I answered.

    He nodded and walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I immediately started to cry silently into his chest.

    "I can't." I cried quietly. "I know. I know." Stan said while squeezing me tightly.

    After a few minutes, I pulled away from him. I wiped my tears away from my cheeks.

    "I'm ready." I muttered. "Fix yourself in the bathroom first." Irene said.

    I turned to her and grabbed my makeup bag from her hands. I went into the bathroom she had in her office and fixed my makeup making sure to cover all the bruises that would give away what happened in Dubai.

    I cleaned everything up and looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. I may have looked fine on the outside but in the inside I was falling apart. I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom.

    "Let's go." I muttered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    Stan pushed me into the room causing me to growl at him.

    "Jesus Christ can you stop manhandling me and just tell me what the hell you people want from me!" I snapped.

    I had to play like I didn't know what was going on. All of us did.

    "Tiffany?" I heard my mother question causing my heart to drop.

    I turned and faked a look of confusion.

    "Mom, what're you doing here?" I asked confused. "These people called me in last night and told me that I needed to get over here." She answered, just as confused as I led her to believe I was. "They did the same with me." I mumbled while sitting down next to her. "Do you know what this is about?" She asked. "No, I don't." I lied while shaking my head.

    The door opened and I watched my aunt walk in.

    "Irene, what is this? What's going on?" My mom asked her sister in law.

    Irene looked at me causing me to look away with tears in my eyes.

    "Michelle, there's something that I need to tell you and Tiffany." She said while sitting down. "What is it?" She asked. "Something happened in Dubai." She said.

    My mom looked at me confused.

    "There was an armed robbery at your mother's store. Asim was there with her. He tried stopping them but." My aunt trailed off. "But what? Irene what happened?!" My mom asked panicky while grabbing my arm.

    Irene looked at me sadly before looking back at my mom.

    "They didn't make it. Michelle I'm so sorry." My aunt said sympathetically.

    Tears fell from my eyes. My mom began to laugh.

    "You must be joking. This has to be a joke." My said refusing to believe this.

    I started to silently sob.

    "Michelle I'm sorry." Irene said.

My mom looked at me. My lip trembled as I watched her break.

    "No!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys these next few chapters are gonna be little bit shorter than the first because I honestly don't want this story to end, but sadly the time has come. The ending is near and I'm not ready.