01

"Daddy." I cried as I watched him on his death bed. He gave me a sweet smile and gripped my hands. "My beautiful little girl. You've grown to be so beautiful and smart. Remember that I love you and I will always be with you." He said. I nodded. "I love you too." I cried as his eyes started closing. "Daddy!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    My eyes snapped open. My heart sagged as the memory of my dad's death lingered in my head. He had stage four leukemia and died when I was 17. It's been six years and I still dream about that day in the hospital. The day he left me.

    I sighed and got up from my bed. I tugged on my sleep shirt and walked to my bathroom. I splashed water on my face and brushed my teeth before hoping into the shower. When I finished showering I changed into a bra and put on another big shirt. I walked to the kitchen and quickly put on the coffee maker.

    I went to my room and started to get dress. I took off my shirt and pulled on a white bra. I grabbed a peachish colored dress and set it on the iron board. I quickly ironed the dress and put it on. The dress was fitted and showed off my body nicely. It was a classy work dress that I could wear to the shop. I was a small wedding dress designer that owned a small shop in the city of New York, but on the side I helped the CIA hack into software to get Intel.

    I quickly did my hair and makeup before grabbed my bag and putting it on my bed.

    I went back into the kitchen and grabbed the mug of coffee. I poured some milk in it and sipped it carefully.  I went back to my room and turned on the t.v. I sipped my coffee some more as I watched the t.v. My cellphone began to ring and I quickly answered it.

    "Hello." I said while sipping my coffee. "I expect you to be more excited when I call." I heard my aunt say into the phone. I giggled. "Hey aunt Irene." I said. "How are you doing?" She asked. "I've been good. The shop's been good. When am I going to make a dress for you?" I asked. She laughed. "Kid I'm not marrying anyone any time soon." She said. "How's old man Stan doing?" I asked. "If hears you say that he'll cut your throat." She joked. I giggled. "Yeah I doubt that. He loves me too much." I said.

    My eyes glanced at the clock and I saw that I had 15 mintues to get the shop.

    "You have to get to the shop right?" My aunt asked. "Yeah. I'll talk to you later. I love you." I said. "I love you too." I said before hanging the phone up.

    I drank the rest of my coffee out and quickly went to the put the cup in the sink. I rushed back to my room and grabbed some white heels. I slipped them on and grabbed my bag. I walked out of the apartment and walked into the elevator.

    I checked my phone and smiled. Time for another day of making women happy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

    I smiled as the girl walked out with a big smile on her face.

    "Oh my god. This is perfect." She squealed. I smiled. "It does look beautiful on you. Is this the one?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded. "Okay Charlie is going to take your measurements and we'll call you when you have to pick it up." I said to her.

    She nodded and rushed back to the dressing room. Another happy customer.

    I smiled and walked into my office. I closed the door and went to my desk. I sat down and opened my computer. My phone vibrated and I picked it up seeing a text from my best friend.

Caitlin❤-"Hey babes. Lunch at 2?"
Me-"Yeah definitely. Andi's?"
Caitlin❤-"Yup. See you soon love."

    I smiled at my phone and put it down. I looked over my desk and saw the picture frames. Some held photos of my family and I. I saw pictures of my mom, brother, step dad and I. Some of my dad and I. Then one with my aunt and I.

    I loved my family with a passion. I would do anything for them. I went back onto my laptop and continued handling whatever business I needed to do for the shop.

    When 2 o'clock came around I quickly went to Andi's and met up with Caitlin.

    "Hey babes." She said hugging me. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Hey how's everything?" I asked once we sat down. "It's pretty good. This baby is getting bigger." She said rubbing her belly.

    I smiled and stared at her growing bundle of joy.

    "How's the shop?" She asked. "Pretty good." I said. "That's good. You get a boyfriend yet?" She asked. I scoffed. "Nope. I'm only 23. I have time." I said. "I'm 23, married and pregnant." She said. "Well we're two different people alright." I said. She laughed. "You need a man. You look dick deprived." She said. I scoffed. "Listen you pregnant hoe. I'm perfectly fine running my shop. I don't need a man. Okay. A man needs me. He just hasn't found me yet." I stated.

    She laughed.

    "Whatever you say." She said causing me to laugh.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

    After Caitlin and I's lunch I had went back to the shop to finish the day's work. After that I went home and now I was currently sitting in the living room eating Chinese food. Not healthy but oh well. Chinese food was good.

    My phone beeped and I looked at it. I unlocked it and my eyes widened as I saw someone walking around my shop.

    "What the fuck?" I mumbled while getting up.

    I quickly put the food in the kitchen and ran to my room. I slipped on some sweats and grabbed my leather jacket pulling it on. I grabbed the gun that was in my draw and took it out. For protection. Yes it was extreme but this was New York, people were crazy these days.

    I left my apartment and quickly jogged to the shop. I slipped around the corner and decided to go in from the back. I opened the door silently and slipped in.

    I heard the footsteps of the man and my heart raced. I quickly snuck into the office. I grabbed the key from my neck and unlocked the little door. I then opened the safe and saw that my other laptop and flash drive was still in there. I sighed in relief. Thank god, Irene would kill me if this thing was stolen.

    I took the gun out from my waist band and took the safety off. I tip toed to the front of the shop and didn't see the man. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around with the gun pointed at the man, who had a gun pointed at me.

    "Who the hell are you?"

~•~•~•~•~•••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Here's the first chapter! I hope you guys like it.