part 12

Marinette's POV

"Ready? Tikki spots on!" A flash of light and I was wearing the familiar red with black spots costume I was so used to wearing.

"Let's do this!" I snook out the kitchen to avoid suspicion from Chat noir and joined into the fight, swinging my yoyo around. "Hope you weren't waiting for me too long Chat."

He did a flip and landed next to me with a grin. "Not at all bugaboo. The akuma's in his weapon so let's get this done quick, I was with someone important and I'd like to get back to her as soon as I can." I nodded but felt a horrible amount of jealously that made my body tingle. Did he care about someone else other than me?

On the inside I felt like crying but now wasn't the place to do that so I focused my attention on the akumatised victim in front of me.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to murder this other person.

We began to fight but it was almost impossible to pry the villain away from his gun. The room that was covered in ice was getting colder with every blast and even my suit wasn't keeping me warm anymore. Shivering again, I rubbed my arms to try and conserve heat and Chat landed next to me, panting and shivering also.

He was trying out as well but still stood steady and firm, another reason why I fell for him. I stood out from my daydream when Chat spoke.

"We should wrap this up, it's getting freezing in here." He said then, using his baton, jumped over the array of icicles heading towards him. I used my yoyo to block the attack and answered back with a firm nod. "Lucky charm!" I threw my yoyo into the air and a hammer fell into my hands.

Looking round the rokm i found the materials I was looking for and set my plan into action. After attaching it to a nearby rope I spun round and flung it at the akumatised victim, he saw and pointed his gun towards it, firing ice in front of himself as a wall to protect himself. It was the same way he kept deflecting my yoyo.

The hammer, travelling to quickly to be stopped by a simple wall of ice, smashed through the protective barrier and crashed into the weapon, splitting it into thousands of pieces on the floor like glass.

Purifying the akuma brought a smile to my face and I watched as sparks swept around us, clearing up the area back to its original state.

"Pound it." I bumped fists with my partner and looked into his piercing green eyes, a sight that made me shiver with delight. "Great job Ladybug. We did it again." I nodded and smiled softly. "Yeah." He jumped suddenly as if he remembered something.

"Oh! I've got to go. The love of my life is waiting for me, c'ya soon m'lady.

At that statement he jumped out the building and I felt my heart crack and break into tiny pieces. He... loves someone else? My chest burned with pain and I struggled to breath as I used my yoyo to jump out of the wretched building, making my way all the way to the Eiffel tower where I began to cry.

Painful tears rolled down my face in streams and I wiped at my eyes furiously.

It was all a lie.

Tears flowed freely and I finally gave up on trying to stop them, the very idea of continuing like this made me nauseous and I sunk to the floor, wobbly knees finally giving way.

Another sob wracked though my body and I shook, bending over in despair. So lost in agony that I didn't even notice the black butterfly land on my chain inside my bag, the one Adrien gave to me on my birthday

There was a voice, a voice laced with the pain I was feeling. It offered me a way out, a way to stop feeling pain... and I accepted.

My body, consumed by darkness changed and I became into a villain. Ironic isn't it? How a hero can change so suddenly.

The pain in my heart was gone, replaced with cold emptiness and malice. Replaced with a desire to hurt.

Adrian's POV

I pretended to leave the building then swooped back in, tetransforming just as I got to the kitchen where Mari was waiting. "Marinette?" I looked around but she wasn't in sight and I began to panic. Where was she? Was she hurt? Millions of negative thoughts swamped me and I took a deep breath to urge myself to think rationally.

Ok, she's probably fine. Now if I were Marinette, where would I go? It didn't take long before I came to the conclusion that she probably went home during my fight, since it was dangerous here that made sense.

I jumped out the window and made my way with-in a few seconds to Marinette's house, knocking on her window impatientl. A few minutes past and there was no movement from inside the room. That's when I began to worry again, what if she was hurt!

My ears twitched at the sound of a nearby scream and I followed the noise across Paris to the Eiffel tower where there was a person standing at the top, blasting dark lights at people, making them unable to function due to the amount of despair she was forcing into them.

I flipped onto the tower next to this person and she spun round, grinning insanely with black, empty eyes. Her midnight hair bounced on her shoulders, waving in the breeze.

"Ah, Chat noir. How nice of you to join in with my little game. Get ready to feel the same pain you gave to me!" She yelled, pointing at me with an accusing finger. Malice and hate laced her voice and my mind clicked as I recognised the voice.

"M-marinette?"  

(Oops, I forgot about updating! Haha, sorry. Anyway here it is! Hope you enjoyeddddddddd. Sorry for any spelling mistakes.)