Somebody to You

After Prince Lotor had looked away I chuckled a bit, a soft smile on my face. My Aunt smiles, happy we're getting along with one another so quickly. She could tell that it wouldn't be hard for us to agree on mindsets just from the shared expressions between us.

"Sirena,  please show our visitor to his quarters. He must be tired from his travels." She requests kindly and I nod. As I get up from my throne and curtsy to her then turning and walking to him with almost no movement. Holding my book close to my chest. My heart fluttering as though a thousand butterflies had taken it's place.

Which was strange because I'd never had a heartbeat, let alone all this... fluttering.

"Follow me..." I say kindly as I take a few steps toward the hall, the Prince following behind me. "We don't get visitors as often as we used to.. Because of the war of course." I say softly. "But my Aunt has taught me many things." I say trying to start a conversation.

"I understand Princess... it must be quite lonely in a castle this large." He says calmly and I only nod.

"It is..... And please, call me Sirena. Formalities are one of my least favorite things about this status. Everyone calling me Your Highness, or Princess... it's tiring... And.... I find your voice to be..... nice." I say with a small smile as I sneak a glance at him. His lips turned into a showstopping smile. And eyes looking at me with curiosity. My heart could hardly take it! I wouldn't survive a week at this rate.

"I should say the same for you... Sirena." He says, hesitating to say my name without formalities at first but succeeding just as we arrive at the room he is to stay in.

"Thank you.... Oh, here we are. And if you need assistance with anything, I am usually either in the garden or my room. If I am in my room please knock. I don't enjoy when people walk in on me." I say with a kind smile and courtesy to him, turning and walking in the direction of my room.
"I just want to be Somebody to You..." I think to myself as I slowly walk away from the Prince.