Chapter 2

The members of the generation of miracles hurriedly went at the hospital upon hearing the news of their former captain and phantom being involved in a car accident. They all patiently waited infront of the emergency room.

1 hour..  2 hours.. 3 hours passed and no one came out of the E.R. Their nervousness continues to arise as time passes by.

"Aominecchi, are they going to alright?" Kise mumbled as tears are about to escape from his eyes. Aomine hugged the yellow-head and comforted him. "They are. They are strong and I know they will not give up that easily. Let's just pray for them."

Another thirty minutes passed. . .

Everyone's hurriedly stood up as they saw their former teammate went out of the emergency room.

"Midorimacchi, are they alright?" Kise worriedly asked.

The green-headed doctor fixed his eyeglasses. "Akashi is already out of danger. He will be taken up to his room in a moment.

"Aka-chin is safe. What a relief." Murasakibara mumbled.

"What about Tetsu? How is he?" Aomine asked.

Midorima looked at his former teammates intently and slowly shooked his head.

Kise's tears started streaming down his face. "Don't tell me. Kurokocchi is. . ."

"He is," Midorima paused as he tried to push back the tears that are trying to escape from his eyes. "Kuroko's gone." With that statement, everyone's hope was shattered. Kise slowly fell down on his knees as he cried loudly. Aomine covered his face with his palm ad he quietly sobbed in a corner. Murasakibara stayed quiet but sadness evident in his face.

Everyone felt broken when suddenly the door of the emergency room opened and it revealed Takao who was panting heavily.

Midorima turned around to face him. "What happened?"

"Shin-chan, it's huh huh.. It's Kuroko. He's huh huh.. He's breathing.." Hearing those words, Midorima together with Takao hurtiedly went back inside the emergency room.

After another one and a half hour of waiting, Midorima finally declared that Kuroko was already out of danger but he was still to be monitored in the ICU.

- - - - -

The GoM members are patiently waiting for their former captain to wake up. It has been three hours since the operation and Akashi is still sleeping.

"haaahhhhuumm," Kise yawned as he scratch the back of his head. Aomine noticed it and knew that the blond was tired from the thinking and crying he did earlier. "Oi Kise, you can take a rest there at the sofa."

"But, I want to be awake when Akashicchi wakes up, Aominecchi," the blond protested.

"I'll wake you up when Akashi awakes. So take a rest already," stated the blue-headed boy.

Kise no longer argued with their former ace and walked towards the sofa. He was about to lay down when they heard a voice, the voice was so faint that it almost sounded like a whisper.

"... su.. ya.."

"Minna, aka-chin is awake." Murasakibara stated gladness evident in his voice. The two hurriedly approached their captain.

"Akashicchi, do you want something? Do you feel anything? I will call Midorimacchi right away," Kise blurted out worriedly.

"What happened? Where's Tetsu?" Akashi muffled.

"Aka-chin and Kuro-chin was involved in a car accident last night. Don't you remember?" The purple-head said.

Memories of last night's happening flooded the red-head's memory. Akashi remembered his teal-headed lover covering him, putting himself to protect him. He immediately tried to get up but was met by an excruciating pain making him lie down again.