Chapter 14

Iris POV

It's Friday morning when Sophie wakes me up. My aunt had given an excuse to the school for my being away, it's 6 am and we are on the road heading out of Hertfordshire and towards Victoria's location. Everyone seems excited to be on the road and to finally be getting out of school, I, on the other hand, have no idea how they are so active I can't even keep my eyes open and find myself falling asleep on Sophie's arm multiple times. That's until Christian (who's the driver) takes some corners a little too sharply slamming my head into the blacked out windows of Sophie's Jeep. Then after about 100 hard corners and slight brain damage, Christian gives me a flask. When I open it the bitter smell of strong black coffee wafts into my nostrils and by just one smell I can already feel the drowsiness leaving me. I take a large swig savouring the energy as it trickles down my throat, exhaling a breath of pleasure as I can feel my energy levels increase and my eyes start to brighten.

Yes, this is what I needed, then it hit me.

"You have had this coffee all along and haven't given me any, it's been torture trying to keep my eyes open and you had this bloody saviour this whole time! You suck!!"

I can see the sparkle in Christian's eyes as he says "you just looked too cute trying to stay awake, I just couldn't bring myself to do it."

"Screw you, Christian, you just wanted an excuse to destroy my brain!"

He doesn't say anything but I can see his stupid evil smirk playing at the corners of his mouth as he turns back to look at the road ahead. I can almost imagine his evil laugh, I bet it wouldn't be as good as mine when I get him back for his little stunt.

After I have drained the flask of its magic awakening juice I decided to ask about Victoria some more and the part Christian has been playing in order to get close to her. My main reason though for asking so many questions is to keep my mind as busy as I can, the thought of them having my dad is constantly haunting mind and is slowly tearing me apart.

After Christian had finished explaining his part in Victoria's drug cartel and about the months of hard work finally working his way up to earn her trust which led to the breakthrough which was where we were heading now. We started to go over the plans of what we would do when we got there.

The first part of our plan was when we arrived which would be a little after midnight we would stake the place out searching for escape routes if anything goes wrong. We already had a map of the building in which this 'business conference' was being held this gave us a general idea of the escape routes we could use.

The second part of our plan would involve me and Sophie. We couldn't risk Christian being seen by Victoria so it would be up to Sophie and I. Our job was to enter the conference acting as hostesses and bug the main conference rooms. Christian and Liam would be at the hotel hacking the private Wi-Fi network for the conference. Tracing private conversations occurring via the chat rooms and other social media they would also be looking for keywords being searched within the network (I know right I'd never had known they were computer geeks either).

The conference was to end at 5 pm on Sunday our plan was to be out and heading back an hour before they finished so we didn't stand a chance of being spotted.

~~~~

We arrived at the hotel earlier than had expected we were checked in and in our room by 11:20. The hotel was close enough to do our job and get to safety fast but also far enough away as to not be seen by any of the conference goers. It helped that it was a cheap rundown hotel in a more rundown area of the city as to not attract any attention from the guests.