Chapter 13

Chapter 13

 Christians POV

It’s Sunday night and I am waiting by Sophie’s Jeep for Mackenzie to show up, she’s always late.

I hear her coming before I see her, her high stilettos clicking on the long concrete driveway, leading up to the female dorms. Her shoes always give her away, they are always unreasonably high and thin, like they could break just as you stood up in them, I always imagine them bending to the weight of the person, but no they stay straight, I don’t know how, but they always do. 

As she approaches the Jeep, the smile on her face falls. “We’re taking this?” I nod. “But, its ugly, what happened to that blue car that your friend had?” She pouts.

Wow I think just for that one ‘ugly’ comment my sister would not mind losing her job to murder Mackenzie. “What the BMW?  He’s using it tonight.”

We set off to the new restaurant, which as expected is very expensive. The food was nice but the company, well it could have been better. I was bored out of my mind listening to all of the shit that came out of Mackenzie’s mouth. I really don’t care about how much of a bitch Sarah is and that buying the dress that Mackenzie wanted made her a bad friend. As soon as we were done I paid and we left.

The car ride back is filled with the irritating sound of Mackenzie’s voice as she continues to verbally assault her friends and enemies at school.  Luckily the ride is short. As we reach the entrance to the school, I notice a black Rolls Royce parked in the darkness of the forest.  I drive Mackenzie back to the girl’s dorms and say a hasty goodnight as I reach over and open the car door for her. She glares at me before getting out of the car and if looks could kill I would be a shrivelled lump of meat hanging decoratively off the steering wheel. “Well is that it?” She screams her hands on her hips.

“Yes, see you around.” She slams the car door and I speed off.

I park the car and called Soph.

Helloo brother!” Sophie’s chirpy voice came through the speaker.

 “Are you drunk or something? It doesn’t matter, hand me over to Liam.”

 “Oh hey Christian, seriously I didn’t mean to buy her skittles, but you know how it is, she’ll give me those eyes and I can’t help it.”

 “Man, you know how hyper they make her, resist! Anyway James is here.”

“Awe crap, are you with him?”

“No but get here soon.”

 “Onto it, see yah in about five minutes.”

I end the call and make my way to James car. He is sitting in the front seat texting. I walk past the driver side of the car into the forest. I hear the car door behind me being shut quietly and soft footsteps making their way through the spongy forest floor, barely audible.

I walk to the base and only once he has closed the door of the cabin behind him did I acknowledge his presence. A wide grin spreads across both of our faces.

“James, what are you doing here? I thought we were to do this alone has something happened?”

“Hello to you too Christian, I have some things to take care of with the CIA, things to do with this investigation. Something has happened but it’s no business to you at the moment, I need to talk to the CIA agent first.”

“What things?”

“You will be briefed once I have spoken to the agent and you are all here.”