Seven.

Elaija

It's been 3 weeks since I last seen Slim. I avoided his calls, his texts, his dms, and his emails. We weren't together and I wasn't getting attached to him anymore. I was completely done with him but he just didn't get that.

Okay, maybe we did have sex, but that was unexpected. Had I known his tongue felt so good, I would've stayed my ass at home. Algee's been by my side since day 1, how could I cheat on him? We had something special and I was marrying him. I didn't want Slim or nothing to do with him.

I had to block Slim's number before Algee went through my phone. He still hasn't talked to me and our wedding is 4 weeks away. I set everything up and the only worry was our honeymoon. My own fiancé wasn't even talking to me about the wedding. If he isn't talking to me, how are we gonna get married?

On top of that I haven't been home in a week and he's been babysitting Bryan. I really missed him, he didn't even call me. It was time for me to go home and see what was up. I wanted to feel his touch, soft hands, his dry but smooth lips, see his sexy smile, and be in his arms.

Ellie came running up to me, smiling. Elijah walked through Luke's front door. Behind him there was Keith, his girlfriend Rhonda, and Bryshere. "Ahhhhhhhh!" Elijah came over and grabbed my arm, walking me into a corner.

MJ was at work, she was going to be at work late tonight. It was crazy how she couldn't be here tonight. But I know that she was about getting her coins, so I understood.

Elijah smirked at me, he was acting real strange. "What you want?" He stared at me like a lil ass boy with this same retarded ass grin on his face. "Where's Algee, he said he was coming?" I was confused, he was at home and I'd been staying in Luke's guest room for a week now.

"We ain't been talking." Elijah turned to look at Ellie. She was playing with Bryshere, her uncle. Elijah didn't seem to like that though, so he had to say something. "Ellie, sit down and leave Bryshere alone." I shook my head, every time she played with him, Elijah said something.

"You not sleeping with Slim, are you?" I looked away to where everyone was sitting. This shit was embarrassing.

"What you mean?" I fluffed out my ponytail. I didn't want to have this talk with him or anybody else. I damn sure didn't want the affair to get to Algee. I just wanted to forget about it, for good.

"Elaija, I know you better than you know yourself. You been acting real nice lately and you know like I know you ain't never nice." I didn't know none of this. He was right, I was always mean. I just didn't know that I was being nice. How did he know that I'd slept with Slim?

"I didn't—" He stared at me, causing me to stop talking. As a brother, I knew he was only looking out for me. Elijah wouldn't tell nobody, at least I knew he wouldn't.

"You did, you don't have to lie to me. Figure out a way to tell Algee, before he puts two and two together. Whatever you do, I'm here to talk." He pulled me into a hug before I walked out of Luke's front door. I really wish I could've stayed for the party but I had to go fix my relationship.

I didn't bother listening to any music on the way home as I usually would. I wasn't in the right mind to listen to anything but his voice. I'd fucked up, but I couldn't tell him yet. I couldn't let him know that I'd slept with Slim.

After 30 minutes of driving, I pulled into the driveway and took the key out of the ignition. I didn't want to get out of the car right away, so I sat there and took deep breaths. I had a look of guilt on my face and my heart was pounding. I knew this wasn't going to sit well with Algee.