Fifteen.

Slim

It was November and Thanksgiving was coming up. My family wasn't coming together, so I was going to go to Luke's crib and eat some shit and laugh. Last month Alicia told me she was pregnant. I wasn't too happy about it at first but I changed my mind. But, last week she had a miscarriage and all she does is cry. I don't know how to be there for her and I know I have to cause that was my baby too.

I wasn't taking Alicia to the Thanksgiving Party because I wanted to talk to Elaija. I figured if I did that she would feel like I'm trying to get away from her because she lost the baby. I wanted to be there for her but I didn't want to be in a relationship with her.

I looked over at Alicia, she was finally sleep. I got up and went to the bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth. My phone started to ring and I grabbed it before Alicia got up. Without looking at who was calling, I answered it. "Elaija's in the hospital, you need to get over here." I almost dropped my fucking phone. "What the fuck you mean E in the hospital? What happened?" He took too long to answer, so I hung up.

I put on my jeans and a random t-shirt, really the first thing I picked up and left the house. I did 80 in a 50 all the way to the hospital. Elaija better be alright because I gone have to kill somebody if she ain't. This is the fucking call that I thought I'd never get. I just want my girl to be okay.

I ran through the hospital doors, not looking back. At the front desk, I had to talk to the lady. "Could you tell me what room Elaija Kelley is in?" She mugged me, then started to check the computer she was in. I started to grab her hair and snatch her disrespectful ass over this desk, but I wasn't tryna go back to jail. "Are you a relative, otherwise I can't let you in there." I took my phone out my pocket and texted Luke.

Me: Yo, what's the room number, this bitch tryna get shot..

"I'm her husband, just tryna find out what's the room number so I can see her." The woman looked like she didn't want to believe me. "Sir, I believe a man 20 minutes before you walked in here and was her husband." As much as I wanted to cuss her out, I didn't. Luke texted me back, just before I'd said something to her.

Luke: its 347, on the third floor

Instead of saying anything back to the woman, I walked to the elevator. I pressed the 3 and waited till it stopped. I was impatient as it was and that woman had got on my fucking nerves. It didn't matter if I was family or not, I just wanted to get up to the third floor to see my girl. When I got to the third floor, I past 330, 340, and to 347. Elaija was sitting up in the bed, an iv in her arm. It hurt me to see her in a hospital bed for the first time.

"What happened to you? Why you in here?" She looked me in my eye and said, "I had an anxiety attack. I'll be okay, they aren't keeping me overnight." I never knew she had anxiety. I'm glad she was okay because I thought she was dying or something. "Ma, you don't understand what ran through my mind when Luke called me." Allegra looked over at me like he had a problem that I was here or something. I didn't say nothing to him, for the sake of Elaija. But deep down inside, I wanted to know why this nigga was here. "Luke, can you and Al give us some privacy?" Luke nodded and left out of the room. A lot of different shit was on my mind at the time.

"How has life been for you?" She was asking me this is a hospital bed, with an iv in her arm. I couldn't believe I had to see her here, in a hospital gown. "Look, things ain't been going as planned. Since I last seen you, I've been thinking about yo ass. You ain't been answering your phone and shit and now this, ma what the fuck is going on?" Elaija stared at me, her eyes watering up. I didn't know how I felt about her being in the hospital. I was mad just to cover up the fact that I'm really sad. I haven't cried since middle school, I can't sit here and see her like this. "Since that day, I got my own place. Thanks to you, I'm a model now. Algee and I aren't together, he fucked that up. I can't have kids, so I'm thinking about adopting."