Chapter 6

We find Daokhan waiting in the building I'd originally shown up to Skyvale in, what Anjulee referred to as the Fire Chamber. A lot scarier of a name than what the room actually is. He is standing next to one of the benches, which are fine for the regular sized dragons but minuscule in comparison with this beast. When we enter the Fire Chamber, he looks away from the flames to us and smiles. Andromeda, the gold and orange dragon from the clearing, is before him, playing with what seems to be a tendril of the flame.

"I see you've got the Miskros'des. Perfect. We just need to pack our little things now.. clothes for you two I'd say would be all. I'll fetch us a map," Daokhan says brightly. He turns his head to Andromeda. "Why don't you fetch your brother and tell him to get whatever... necessities... he needs together?" Andromeda sighs, and as she begins making her way past Anjulee and I, I realize the flame from her paw is gone.

Anjulee takes the lead in making her way towards Daokhan, and I follow close behind, struggling to support the heavy jar. When we reach Daokhan, I gladly imitate Anjulee in resting the heavy jar on the ground. "Anjulee, why don't you go find one of your Scout packs? Might come in handy," Daokhan says next, sending Anjulee away.

Reminded of the incubator Anjulee made for me, I cautiously check my shoulder for the soft strap, then the egg for its condition. Both are present and perfectly fine. Anjulee's craftsmanship must be just that good.

"So, Robin, what are you thinking?" Daokhan says, snapping my focus back to the moment. For some reason, I'm caught by surprise that he isn't able to hear my thoughts or whatnot. Maybe he can and is just strangely polite.

"I'm confused still about what's going on. Anxious. Wondering what's about to happen. Still having some trust issues around here. Hoping this egg will be fine," I respond with little enthusiasm and a lot of sass for my tiny quiet person. Daokhan chuckles.

"I understand what you're going through. I've seen it in past Elementals I've brought here without warning. You'll get there," he says, and somehow his compassion reminds me of June. I'm quiet. A question surfaces in my mind, and I decide to break my silence for now.

"Did that whole Waters thing work?" I ask, testing the metaphorical waters. Daokhan's eyes lose their knowing gleam.

"No way of knowing for sure,  but for now they are," Daokhan says softly, gazing into the dragon fire. "You haven't turned, so they've done what they were asked. That doesn't mean you're completely stable. You still have to be careful." This doesn't seem to help my poor flooded mind. More questions begin popping up right and left. I ask the next one.

"Why are you so afraid of my turning? What would happen?" This time, I sense a very subtle fear in Daokhan. This in itself scares me.

What in the world could possibly scare this magnificent dragon? This dragon who's happened to bring me into a beautiful world in need?

"You are a Creator, Robin. You haven't yet learned what Creators really are.. but it has been mentioned to you, correct?" I nod. Still, I am not sure they have chosen the right person. How can I do the kinds of things I've seen in this world already?

"You will learn more as you go along, particularly along this journey and when you begin training, but what you need to know now is that they're very powerful.  They have power to the extent that if they were corrupted by human desires, they could take over the world. But no such thing has happened because of the goodness that always plagues the Creators' hearts," Daokhan begins.

Why does this feel strangely like I'm in school? For people who have the apparent ability to control the environment?

"Some Creators' Elements are unstable, like yours. We haven't yet had a Creator give in to the struggle.. but there is a prophecy.."