032.

"Do I really have to do this Aws?" Geoff glanced over at his boyfriend, lips trembling slightly as he gazed out of the car window.

"Yes Gee. Everyone wants to see you, and you're finally able to walk on your own." Awsten was pulling his rain jacket onto his body as the rain poured from the sky above.

It only took Geoff just a couple days to figure out how to walk once more. After he began, it was almost like he couldn't stop. Geoff took Awsten to see a movie and even took the younger boy to dinner. It was as if life was almost completely normal again. Except it wasn't.

The trial with Awsten's father was dismissed. He was found not guilty by the judge and only given parole, along with six weeks of anger management classes. The man was on the loose, and nobody, not even Awsten, knew where his father had gone.

On the brighter side of things, Geoff's graduation was only a few days away, and thankfully he had passed all classes with A's and B's. But now, he didn't want to face school again.

Geoff began fidgeting with his fingers, a habit he had picked up from Awsten. "Can't we just go back home? Smoke a couple bowls and make out? I'd rather do anything than face the people inside of the school."

"You've gotta do something Gee." Awsten pushed open the car door, flinging himself out into the pouring rain and beckoning Geoff to do the same. Once the elder joined him, the pair ran towards the double doors, throwing them open and escaping the harsh elements outdoors.

The school cafeteria was dead silent, with everyone's eyes landing on the soaking wet pair, hands interlocked tightly. Glares, narrowed eyes, and disapproving frowns filled everyone's faces, including Geoff's old friends. The only faces not glaring were Geoff's new friends, who were thankfully smiling somewhat.

"C'mon Aws." Geoff pulled the young boy along, leading him over to their friends and sighing in relief as the cafeteria washed over with noise.

Jawn was the first to give Geoff a hug, followed by Otto and even Grace. "Told you he'd be back." Jawn's hair was red now, and he wore glasses along the bridge of his nose.

Grace's hair was now just a silvery blonde, and she wore a shiny gold band along her finger. "Just a promise ring, Geoff. Don't look so shocked." She winked at Geoff, who just smiled in retaliation.

Otto's hair was beginning to grow out again, but other than that he looked like the same old Otto. "I've missed you and your stupid Switch at lunch."

"Why did everyone stare at us?" Awsten broke through their reunion, eyes widened in fear and anxiety. He had a bad feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. A really bad feeling.

Their friends all exchanged glances, with Otto coughing awkwardly before Jawn spoke up. "There's a rumor going around about you, Aws." Jawn gazed over at Geoff, who tightened his grip on Awsten's hand immediately. "Zech said you slept with him, because you told him Geoff was going to die."

The color drained from Awsten's face, his body feeling numb as he wavered back and forth on his feet. "That's n–not true! I never fucking slept with him! He forced himself on me! I—"

Geoff unlocked their hands, storming off down the hallway.

"Geoff! Where are you going?" It was Grace's voice, so Geoff complied, stopping and turning around for a brief period of time.

The elder appeared tough. His tired eyes were stone cold and abrupt, filled with nothing but pure anger. His body was heated with pink coloring, and his muscles were rigid. This time around, Geoff didn't seem scared or fearful. He seemed like he could take over the whole world in a single instant. A somewhat wicked smile flickered across Geoff's lips as he looked at his startled friends, letting his eyes land on his cowering boyfriend. "He wants to make up rumors about my boyfriend? Well—I'll be damn sure to show him that messing with me is a bad idea."

Awsten lurched forward, gripping onto Geoff's arms as his eyes widened in fear. "Geoff you can't. You know the type of people Zech hangs around with. They can have you killed! They can—"

"I've already almost died once." Geoff placed a kiss along Awsten's lips, smiling as he pulled away. "What's wrong with almost dying once more?"

————

Well, well, well
That's the end to the first book!
How'd you like it? Sorry if it's all over the place, I haven't edited anything yet.
Comment your predictions, theories, whatever because I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so much(:
Hope to see you in the second book...(;
-Rilee