Chapter 1

Chapter 1: New Beginning and Trouble in Petalburg Woods

"So, you're Ash's distant relative?" A man wearing a white lab coat asked, as he handed the young trainer a red pokedex.

"Yes Professor Birch. He's one and only relative! I think Ash mentioned me to you, am I wrong?" The young trainer asked, tilting her head to the side as her long white hair cascaded down around her shoulders.

"You are correct. Ash did mention about his distant relative from the Kalos Region who is also aiming to be a Pokemon Master like himself; Miyuki Yue Ketchum Lazuli." Professor Birch, the well-known Pokemon researcher in the Hoenn Region said, eying the Pokemon who obediently stood beside Yue. "My, such a rare Pokemon! This is my first time seeing a Glaceon up close."

Glaceon is a quadruped, mammalian creature covered in light-blue fur that can be frozen into sharp quills. It has long, pointed ears, dark eyes, and a small nose. Glaceon has two dark blue, rhombus-shaped markings on its back, and the tip of its tail and feet are the same shade of blue. With the crest on its forehead and the two teal dangles hanging from its ears, it appears to be wearing a teal ushunka or trapper's hat.

The said Pokemon glared at Professor Birch, preventing him to from touching the ice type Pokemon.

"Woah, that's some ice-cold glare it got huh?"

Yue laughed at the Pokemon researcher step back nervously away from Glaceon, who kept on glaring at him. She patted the head of her partner and bend down to hugged it.

"Well, Glaceon isn't very keen to strangers. Just don't provoke it and I can guarantee you Professor that it will not freeze you." Yue joked, patting the head of her Pokémon with affection.

Glaceon happily accepted the skinship but from time to time, the Pokémon would still glare at the Professor.

When Yue started her journey in the Kalos Region, her first Pokémon we're two Eevees she got from her close friend in the Kanto Region; Gary Oak. The male Eevee evolve into a Glaceon when Yue was having her Christmas vacation in the Sinnoh Region's Snow Peak while the female Eevee evolve into a fairy type, Sylveon.

"Now then, you're all set and ready to go! Here in the Heonn Region, you will find many interesting Pokémon living in their nature habitat. Some of the Pokémon are rare and can be only found here and some can even Mega Evolve! I'm sure you've heard it from the Kalos Region's Pokemon researcher, Prof. Augustine Sycamore, correct?"

Yue nodded her head. Prof. Sycamore, the Pokemon researcher in Kalos, who specialize in Mega Evolution explained that many Pokemon living in the Hoenn Region can also Mega Evolve along with the Pokemon living in the Kanto Region. The professor even asked Yue to give him some updates regarding to Mega Evolution upon her stay in the Hoenn Region. She happily complied, especially since he gave her a Key Stone and some Mega stones fro her Pokemon that can Mega Evolve.

"Thank you for your help Prof. Birch. I'll definitely help you complete the Pokedex. Until then Prof. Birch."

-----*

After leaving the Pokemon Laboratory, Yue headed directly towards Petalburg City, however before reaching their destination, they need to walk pass Oldale Town.

Oldale Town is small compare to Petalburg City, although it was similar to Littleroot Town. Winter stop by to a small medicine shop and refill her potions and elixir before leaving the town.

Before dusk, they arrived at Petalburg city and went directly towards the Pokemon Center to check in to stay for the night and also heal her tired Pokemon, especially her Glaceon who battled many trainer along the way.