Chapter 29

"He did what?!" Kendrick growled. He jumped off his bed and paced back and forth in his room. He looked pissed," I'll kill him!"

        "Babe calm down...he's your brother." I sighed," And besides...I didn't let anything happen."

        "I don't care! I wish he wasn't my brother." He snapped. I sat up on his bed and glared at him.

        "Whoa....harsh! All he did was flirt with me! That's no reason to want to disown him." I added.

        "No...it's more than just you....There's tension between my brother and I. It goes back to when we were kids." He sat on the edge of the bed. I rubbed his shoulders.

        "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked. Kendrick moved away from me.

        "No!" He shouted. I jumped. His voice scared me. He rubbed his hands over his face," Sorry....just....let me take you home." He grabbed his keys off his dresser and headed down the stairs. I slowly got off his bed and followed. I wanted to know! What happened that made him hate his brother? I felt like I was entitled to a explanation. I followed Kendrick down the stairs to see Dylan sitting on the couch...shirtless. His eyes watching me walk...I turned my head so he wouldn't see me blush. Kendrick stopped at the door and turned to Dylan," She told me what you tried to do to her!" He growled at him. Dylan raised one eyebrow and smirked.

        "Oh....really?" He chuckled.

        "Yeah...so do me a favor....brother...and stay away from her." Kendrick grabbed my hand and held it tight. I leaned loser to Kendrick.

        "That'll be pretty hard...since she's always coming on to me." He winked at me. Kendrick let go of my hand. I shook my head. I didn't come on to Dylan! I barely even know the guy. Kendrick grabbed my hand again.

        "Stop lying....she'll never fall for a scumbag like you!" Kendrick growled as he opened the front door.

        "Didn't you say the same thing about Dalia?" Dylan scoffed. I froze. Dalia.....as in Dalia Peters?

        "What is he talking about?" I asked Kendrick. He shook his head.

        "He's just trying to get in your head. Ignore him." Kendrick pulled me along. I could feel Dylan following. He suddenly pulled me away from Kendrick and into his arms. I tried pushing away, but he was too strong.

        "Let me go!" I shouted.

        "Not until Ken tells you....tells you why he hates me." He smirked at me," I bet you'll find the story quiet interesting, babe." 

        "Don't call me BABE!" I screamed as I pushed Dylan off. I ran back into Kendrick's arms. Kendrick held me tight.

        "I don't have to tell her your sick story! Just stay away from her....and stay out of my life." Kendrick pushed me into the car and got in. He quickly sped away from his house. He was speeding...

        "Babe...slow down." I gasped as I held onto the dashboard. He eased on the ease....and pulled over to a complete stop. He slammed his fist into the wheel. I've never seen Kendrick this angry before. I was kind of scared," Babe..." I sighed.

        "Kris....I can't do this anymore." He sighed. My heart began beating fast. What couldn't he do? Be with me?! Was he about to break up with me. I tried not to cry. I bit my lower lip.

        "Do what?" I asked. My voice cracked. He gripped the wheel and took a deep breath.

        "Nothing. Just forget it." He sighed as he kissed me on the cheek and started the car back up. I sat there tense. I knew it wasn't just nothing. I wanted to cry now. I wanted him to see i was hurting. Scared to lose him, but I couldn't. No tears were coming out. And we drove to my house in silence. The awkward silence.