Chapter 5

...I quickly grabbed my stuff and rushed away from the table. Oh God...i looked in her eyes! They seemed full of hate...masked with an obvious fake smile. She couldn't hate me because of Kendrick....Could she? I shook the thought from my brain the second I stepped into class....i beat Dalia to class....so my seat was open. I could sit in my seat again...instead of behind Kendrick, who was sitting in his seat....looking at me. He had a kind smile on...i wanted to sit by him, but....What about Dalia?

I walked up to the cold seat behind Kendrick and sat. To heck with Dalia...I wasn't gonna let her scare me....Kendrick turned around and we engaged in simple banter. Enough to make me forget about everything...and everyone. Once the bell rung we ended our little chat and paid attention, but it was hard to listen to Mr. Ross when I could hear people whispering about Kendrick and I. Saying that we were....a 'thing'. That was far from the truth....we were just friends....though I did wish we were...something. I turned my head slowly...then BAM. Our eyes met again. I quickly faced forward. Crap!!! I made eye contact with the Spawn of Satan...twice in one day! Her eyes were more intense than normal. Her eyes wanted me dead, but the smile on her face could have fooled me. How could a girl as beautiful and sweet-looking as Dalia Peters...have such a cold, dead stare.

Mr. Ross told us to pair up...in groups of two. I wanted to be partners with...Dalia shockingly. I felt if I got to know her..and was kind to her...she'd be kind to me...and stop killing me with her eyes. I glanced over to her to see....she was already partnered with someone else. I just lost my chance. I looked up from my desk....those brown eyes again.

"Partners?" Kendrick asked. I smiled like a goofball and nodded, "Awesome..." The bell shattered our perfect moment.

"See ya later..." I sighed as I grabbed my bag.

"Wait....where's your next class?" He asked...he was playing with his thumbs.

"Right across the hall. AP English." I smiled.

"Braniac..." He laughed. I laughed, too.

"Let me walk you?" He smirked. I tilted my head.

"but its right across the hall." I added. He stood up and grabbed my books for me. We walked in silence to the class across the hall. It was nice. I looked up at him....He was already looking at me. He gave me a hug. It was so unexpected...i held tight...but pulled away. We shared a kind smile right before I went into my class room....smiling like an idiot, but that was okay...