7. Just when you think it couldn't get worse.

{7. Just when you think it couldn't get worse.}

Dreamer's POV

I don't know what it is about exercise, but the mere thought of training at 6am with Erik terrified me. It's Erik, the manipulator of metals. He is probably going to remove floorboards just to scare me into running faster. I gulped. Oh God. I can't do it even though I'm already dressed in the track suit pants and tank top.

A knock on the door snapped me out of pitifully staring in the bathroom mirror. I rushed to unlock the door and found Raven, geared up for training. I forced a smile but she remained unimpressed.

"Erik is waiting for you in the Stimulator and the advice of today is try not to taunt anyone's temper." I would have thought a greeting would be nice, like a 'Good morning Dreamer' or even 'how was your first night at the school?' And I would have replied 'great thanks, I made a friend named Alex' but no, Raven kept shooting bullets at me and I can't dodge them.

I feel like everything she says is some sort of reprimand but whether her intentions are for good or not is still mysterious. Well, what choice do I have. If Charles trusts her than I do too, regardless of her hostility.

I followed behind Raven as she led me down the stairs and into a maze of underground corridors where we eventually stopped at a huge metal gate. Not many mutants were sighted, it's 6:10am now, not many mutants would be up yet.

"He's in there. Remember what I told you and..." A huge smirk travelled across her lips. I looked at her, perplexed. She leant in closer to me and whispered. "I know about Alex."

*

Professor X's POV

She's unlike any mutant I've ever encountered and I know reading her portfolio a hundred times is not going to reveal anymore but I can't help feeling this hopeless. It's so frustrating to know that there's a threat out there stealthy enough to break through our firewalls and steal surveillance footages. I mean what else did this scientist take? The possibilities ran endlessly in my head.

"Professor," Hank called from behind me. I massaged my temples and turned to him.

"Yes, Hank?"

He adjusted the glasses on his nose and smiled.

"I've expanded Cerebro." He announced. That is something to smile about, I let the corner of my lips curl.

"That's wonderful news!" I put down Dreamer's port folio and stretched from all the hours I spent cramped up in this office.

"Perhaps you could try locating the scientist using Cerebro."

I slowly turned to him.

"That's actually a brilliant idea, Hank." I could locate mutants through Cerebro. If the scientist is a mutant himself it would be a lot easier to trace him. I just need more time with Dreamer to grasp an idea of what to look for.

Hank seemed very pleased with himself and I credit him for his consistent efforts. After he left the office I decided to contact Erik about this when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

There was a rustling noise before the familiar voice hit me.

"Professor, we have a problem." Mr Verite said uneasily. "There's flyers all over New York of a missing seventeen year old girl." I used my physic powers to go into his mind so I can see the bigger picture. From his perspective, there's a flyer in his hands, slightly scrunched, black and white. There's a picture of a girl on it.

It looked a hell of a lot like Dreamer.

*

Dreamer's POV