8. My powers are finally developing!

{8. My powers are finally developing!}

Dreamer's POV

It felt awful, being victimised by the relentless torment of that redhead, which I soon learnt to be Tessa. I honestly don't understand why she chose to target me. It all began in our Genealogy class, I'd like to point my finger at her and say she started it but its pointless, really. I just don't get why she feels the sudden urge to hound me, as if there was something wrong about knowing the teacher's answers. I sighed.

I was more embarrassed than anything when Alex found me dangling upside down. I think I cried more in humiliation than sadness. But I did feel a sense of security when he engulfed me into his firm arms. It was comforting because I knew he genuinely cared and even though we only met for like a day, not even, it was good to have someone there for me. Especially when the person I idolised the most thinks I'm annoying. Mystique is definitely mysterious but I'm glad she's not telepathic because I think she's an absolute b-

"Dreamer?" I was being shaken awake, again because my reveries sort of took over. I blinked twice and looked up at Hank. After the incident Alex rushed me to Hank, I have a Health Examination now, anyway. "You seemed to be on another planet." He commented as he adjusted the glasses on his face again.

"With eyes like mine, I wished I was." I mumbled. It's only been two days and I'm already getting sick of everything. I just want Xavier to tap into my memory bank and help me find out what happened to my creator. He must be worried I'm gone. He has to be looking for me. He can't possibly let me go this way...could he? "Do you know when I would get to have Memory Recollections with Professor X. I haven't really heard from him." It's true. It's almost like I've been forgotten.

"Oh, Charles is not going to be in for a few days. He has matters to attend to back in New York. Mr Verite requested for his presence." Hank explained, as he attached nodes on my face and body. It's all electrical circuits connected to a computer system. At the moment he is monitoring my heartbeat and brain signals. I'm used to this kind of stuff.

"New mutant?" I didn't realise how frequent his trips to the embassies were. I'm surprised there's enough dormitories for everyone.

"It appears so," Hank muttered as he continued to jot down notes on a pad, when suddenly the the computers start beeping. "Oh, what's this?" He started typing vigorously but the beeping didn't stop. I looked over to him, worried. He seemed a little unsettled and so was I. I felt the nodes on my body beginning to zap a little, are the systems over heating or something?

"Hank?" I could feel electrical impulses coursing through me. It was quite shocking. Am I being electrocuted? "Hank!"

"Shit." Hank did something I didn't see and all at once the computer systems went out. He helped me pick off the nodes and shone a small torch on my eyes. "Dreamer, are you okay?"

"Yes..." I gasped. I felt a little dizzy but I'm sure I'm okay.

"I don't understand what could have gone wrong. I didn't change anything," Poor Hank, he looked so confused. Stressed even. "Are you sure, you're okay?" He asked, again. I nodded in reassurance.

He examined the nodes and his eyes widened when the ends were black. It didn't take a brainiac to realise that I had just been electrocuted and somehow I'm alive. Hank checked all the electrical networks and frowned.

"I'm sure it's just a glitch." I said even though it probably made him feel worse. But I'm fine! Honestly!

"Dreamer..." I peered at Hank and looked at me strangely. "I don't think it's a glitch."

"What do you mean?"

As his fingers tapped the keyboard, the screen illuminated but sparks flew here and there. He opened up data sheets and did that thing again where he adjusted his glasses, as if to double check what he was reading. It made me anxious.