o n e

Chyna Marie

I woke up to the sound of my obnoxious alarm coming from my phone. This is the last week of senior year. I'm glad to get out of this hell hole. The teachers do not care about our well-being, the kids here are disgusting, girls pop their pussies under stairwells, and the school is just overall ghetto.

People call me boujie, but oh well. I don't really mess with anyone like that, but I do have two close friends, Chasity and Chanel. They've been my friends since sixth grade. People say that you lose your close middle school friends in high school, but I am grateful that didn't happen to us.

I lazily hopped out of bed and grabbed my towel, speaker, phone and hygiene products so I can take a quick shower.

As I was getting into the shower, my phone kept buzzing. I picked it up and saw in my notifications a bunch of texts from me, Chasity, and Chanel's group chat.

Chanel 💜🤞🏾: it's the last week yalllll! 🤪

Chasity 💙❄️: about time. I'm ready to get out this bitch.

Chanel 💜🤞🏾: we seniors yfmmm

Chasity 💙❄️: CHYNA WYA SUS

Chanel 💜🤞🏾: when I see you I'm gonna clock you in your head 😂

My friends are crazy, I thought as I chuckled to myself before hopping in the shower.

After I did my hygiene routine I got out of my bathroom with the towel wrapped around me looking for something to wear. It takes me forever to get ready but I don't dress to impress anyone. I still gotta look good for myself though, ya feel me?

I decided on a pair of ripped jeans, a plain black v-neck, and black Puma Fenty slides to show off my freshly pedicured yellow nails. After I got dressed, I sat at my vanity to do my hair. I did a bun at the top with the rest of my curls hanging down. I gelled my hair and put a scarf over it so it would lay down. When I finished I grabbed my phone, got my purse and headed for downstairs.

"Hey momma, what you cooking?", I said as I walked into the kitchen.

She smiled. "Some bacon and eggs, you gon eat before you leave the house?"

I shook my head."Nah momma I think Chasity and Chanel and I gon get something on the way to school."

"Alright, that's fine. Go get your brother and tell him to come eat." She said putting the plates of food on the table.

I jogged back upstairs to get my younger brother, Devin. He's a freshman turning into an upcoming sophomore since school was about to end.

I knocked on his door. "Devin! Momma said come eat!"

"Hold on. I'll be down there in a min." He replied.

I went back downstairs and saw my dad at the table. I am a daddy's girl fosho'.

"Good morning daddy." I cheesed and hugged him.

"Morning babygirl. What you been up to?" He asked taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Oh nothing. Just waiting on Chasity and Chanel to pick me up." I replied checking my phone.

They need to hurry the hell up.

  Chasity 💙❄️: we're outside!

  Me: come inside.

A few seconds later, our doorbell rang and I ran to get it. I opened the door and gave Chasity and Chanel a big hug.